Living Japanese anime doll? Circle contact lenses & false eyelashes for big, kawaii eyes. Eyecandy’s Lens: GEO, EOS.

living japanese doll, living dolls, circle contact lens

Notice anything different about me? Perhaps I’m more doll-like than usual?

The secret’s in the eyes: I’m wearing eyelashes and circle contact lenses (EOS Candy Magic King Size Brown.) How? Why? Keep reading for a dolly makeup tutorial and review!

colored contacts, best circle lens, Circle contact lenses, false eyelashes

Recently, “living dolls” have been in the news (girls who make themselves look like anime characters — using makeup, Photoshop and possibly plastic surgery). For “kawaii eyes”, they wear circle contacts to make the iris look bigger.

I love to experiment with alternative looks, so I was excited when Eyecandy’s sent me Asian cosmetics and colored lenses.

Taiwanese makeup Jealousness, gyaru eyes, Japanese kawaii eyes, Eyecandy's Lens, japanese makeup

Believe it or not… this is the very first time I’ve worn specialty lenses! In the past, I never bothered because I have a high prescription.

However, these EOS lenses go up (or down) to -8. The brand’s been on the market for some time now, with excellent reviews, so why not give it a try? I’ve always envied my cat’s eyes, and this is a chance to match him.

How to get the big-eyed look:
1) Fill in your eyebrows with Jealousness Waterproof Eyebrow Pencil. I drew a high arch to open up the eyes.
2) With the same pencil, line your upper eyelids, and trace a line below and beyond the lower waterline for a bigger eye shape.
3) Apply white eyeshadow from the Jealousness Ultra Shimmering Duo to the inner corners of the eye, and under the brow as a highlight.
4) Apply brown from the same Duo palette to the crease of the lid, for depth and shadow.

5) Stick two layers of false eyelashes to the upper lid.
6) Finally, wash your hands well, and put on EOS Candy Magic Big Size Violet lenses.
Congrats, you’re a doll!

EOS Candy Magic Big Size Violet, living japanese doll, living dolls, circle contact lens, colored contacts

Jealousness is a Taiwanese cosmetics brand, and so far, I like their products. The eyeshadow goes on smoothly, and has a shimmery tone that lets you replicate looks seen on Jpop and Kpop stars.

I intensified my look with dark lipstick and another layer of false eyelashes, this time on the bottom lid. These large-diameter contacts are GEO Bambi Princess Mimi Sesame Grey.

Novelty contacts have come a lot way in recent years; they’re a lot more comfortable than in the past (although you probably only want to wear them for photoshoots or special occasions).

Please, take care of your eyes: keep your contacts clean, don’t wear them past the recommended time, and invest in good brands like the ones available through Eyecandy’s Lens.

eOS Candy Magic King Size Brown, living japanese doll, living dolls, circle contact lens, colored contacts

So, who wants to be a doll for a day? I invite you to browse the big selection of lenses and makeup at Eyecandy’s. Use the coupon code “LACARMINA” for a free surprise gift with your order.

dark beauty magazine, goth magazine cover, goth magazines, alternative fashion magazine, goth model, alternative model, goth modeling, korea circle lens, korean big eye contact lens, buy circle contacts online, living japanese doll, living dolls, circle contact lens, colored contacts, best circle lens, Circle contact lenses, false eyelashes, gyaru eyes, Japanese kawaii eyes, Eyecandy's Lens, japanese makeup, GEO, EOS, dolly lashes, circle contacts with prescription, Big Circle Contacts, novelty contact lense, japan doll eyes

PS: Some of you thought I was wearing circle contacts in my Dark Beauty Magazine cover photo. Actually, it’s Photoshop!

la carmina fan art, drawing, anime girl watercolor, japanese kawaii painting, japan girl portrait

PPS: Thank you, Kayla Dempsey, for this watercolor of me. It’s inspired by my Leveled Magazine look (again, those are my real eyes).

contiki, contiki blog, young travel blogger, young travelers, travel tv host, contiki vlog, contiki vlogger, travel videos, female tv host, travel tv hosting, tv presenter, contiki travel bloggers, la carmina interview, travel interview, top travel blogs, travel blogger

PPPS: Cheers to Contiki for asking me “10 Questions” about travel TV hosting and journalism. I hope my answer to “funniest travel story” makes you smile!

Have you tried color and circle contacts? What was your experience like, and which are your favorite brands?

1. MelissaR
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

Hauntingly beautiful! I am definitely going to try these make-up tips the next time I go out!

• lacarmina
      Posted February 4, 2013 at 11:53 pm | Permalink

ah you would ROCK a creepy J-doll look! With the wigs you have!

2. Elastica
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

I love this! What a doll-face.

3. 99balloons
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

^.^ kawaii

4. Elizabeth
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Doll. I NEED to get these contacts! T_T

5. Rico
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

the BEST!

6. Wolfie
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Awesome!

7. Nick
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

Beautiful with or without differences! The expression of the cat makes me laugh! XDD *_*

8. Em▲nuele D'▲ncon▲
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

really precious photos!!! Stunning look ;) congrats ♥.♥!

9. DR
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Looks like you are in a manga! Love it!

10. Nastya
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 10:13 pm | Permalink

Love your doll eyes!!! And Kayla Dempsey’s painting too! xx

11. Susan
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

cat’s got a big fat crooked paw like mine had – love him!!!

12. Ria
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 11:34 pm | Permalink

you look cute with it! XD i really wanna try this! But, i’m little scared to use contact lenses..:) really enjoy reading ur blog.

• lacarmina
      Posted February 4, 2013 at 11:53 pm | Permalink

I also was apprehensive but hey, why not give them a try? I had a good time! :)

13. CarolSwirl
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

THANK YOU for this! I’ve been wanting to buy circle lenses for some time but wasn’t sure who to buy from (there are some scary stories of bad brands/fakes with bacteria!) Definitely going to buy a pair soon. I had two questions though:

Your eyes seem to be a tad brighter than mine (although that might be photoshop in some of your modeling photos), but do the colors show well with brown eyes? Also I noticed you mentioned you put your make-up on before the contacts. I’ve always put my contacts in before my make-up. Is that just a personal preference thing or do you recommend it because its safer for the contacts?

• lacarmina
      Posted February 4, 2013 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

Aww, my pleasure! Glad you liked this post, that makes me happy.

I didn’t Photoshop my eyes; it’s the natural reflection of the light. I did change the color balance in some of the photos, like the first one, but didn’t touch the lighting or effects of the eyes. Also some are iPhone photos without any editing, to show the different effects. Eg: http://images.lacarmina.com/130206_circle_contact_lens_japanese_contacts_eyecandys_color_geo_eos_11.jpg

I have dark brown eyes, and the contacts show very well, so I’m sure you will have no problem. You can see the images of the contacts on the product page, and then compare them to how they look in my eyes.

As for when to put in contacts: personally, I prefer to take my time doing makeup, then put contacts in at the last moment so my eyes aren’t irritated. I know Yukiro does the same (last minute). As long as you clean your hands well, it should be no problem either way.

PS: don’t forget to enter the code for the free gift!!

• trashtastika
        Posted February 5, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

I always put mine in at the last minute too – not least because I’m -2 prescription, and need the lenses for long distance – so wouldn’t be able to see close-up to do my make-up!

14. Ashley
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 2:58 am | Permalink

Love the eyes! Looks beautiful! :)

15. Miu
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:57 am | Permalink

Wow!!!! Awesomeness!!!

16. Elisa
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:57 am | Permalink

For some reason it reminds me of A Clockwork Orange, I believe its the had and the focus on the eyes combination… I love it.

17. Princess
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 5:16 am | Permalink

u look cute

18. Ime
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 5:17 am | Permalink

Look pretty : )

19. JuJu
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 5:17 am | Permalink

i tried them but alas, my right eye hates it and i get one twitchy red eye. not cute

20. Dave
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 5:17 am | Permalink

I did not kow you knew. What a small world.

21. trashtastika
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Love both looks – very doll like indeed! Looks like you’ve got a few more colours to try out to – how about the blue ones sometime?

• lacarmina
      Posted February 6, 2013 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

I actually wore all the 3 pairs they gave me…two are brownish, the last one purple-y. The lid color doesn’t match the color inside ahah, so there aren’t any blue ones…

22. victoria
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

lol you look very pretty and yes you do look like an anime doll but if you were in a shop i would totally buy you. and basil looks impressed i think he likes the contacts

23. victoria
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

btw you might wanna tell basil to keep his paws off the contacts becuase he was eyeing them up nicely. if they go missing he should be your first suspect.

24. Leyla Virani
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

you’re my favorite “living doll” la carmina… cause you’re not a fame seeking crackhead! that’s why i love you! ;3

25. April
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

so cute!!!

26. Francesca
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

Basil doesn’t need them: he already has beautiful cat eyes. :)

27. Jacqueline
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:08 am | Permalink

La Carmina love your dolly look with the big heart outfit!

28. Tessa
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Yarrr!

29. Kelly Kw
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Go Carmina!

30. Sara
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Love it!

31. Kage
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Very Nice!

32. Adria
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

yu’re amazing blogger and a big person… a hug!

33. Matt
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

I like this

34. Mika
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Nice! I just bought some circle lens from iBeautyshop.net (the ones I’m wearing in my profile pic) but they didn’t have an option for prescription lenses so I’m super blind when I wear them!! xD; I’ll order from EyeCandy’s next time thanks for the review!

35. Natalya
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

,<3

36. strawberry blast
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

37. Անաի
    Posted February 7, 2013 at 12:01 am | Permalink

Yes you do like an anime doll ! it’s so cool !!!

38. m
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

These look so nice, but I have a cylinder in my lenses. Do circle lenses with cylinder exist??

• lacarmina
      Posted February 10, 2013 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

I’m not sure what you mean by a cylinder?

• m
        Posted February 11, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Hi sorry, i don’t know the exact English word for it, i looked it up and it’s about toric lenses for astigmatism. I wear contacts and one side is toric so the contact stays put :) I wonder if providers of circle lenses also have toric lenses. I would be so happy ^_^

39. ★゚・:,。゚シュール ゚・:,。゚★
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 4:34 am | Permalink

I actually wear circle lenses about every other day. I like to wear them to school, but at work and home I wear normal ones. I’ve been seeing a lot of good reviews of this brand, so I might try them next. My last pair was ordered from lenscircle.com and i love them! I was really happy because they had my prescription which is very high and they’re very comfortable. The only thing I worry is most models in stores have naturally brown eyes, but mine are blue so I wonder how the colors would look laying over mine…

• lacarmina
      Posted February 10, 2013 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

Nice!! It’s great to hear about your experience.

40. colourvue.net.au
    Posted September 9, 2013 at 10:21 am | Permalink

The design of these contact lenses is really beautiful. It has an outer circle, but it has small “spikes” turning inwards, so the circle blends and looks so natural.