Female travel blogger, journalist, TV host
Young alternative travel videos & city guides
La Carmina is a prominent travel blogger, TV host (Travel Channel, Discovery, National Geographic, Food Network, CNN), author of 3 books (Penguin USA and Random House), and journalist for Business Insider, Huffington Post / AOL and CNN. (Full details on her biography page.) Her travel coverage specializes in youth culture, street fashion, nightlife and emerging trends, and features professional photos and videos.
** WATCH her Travel TV Hosting clips **
Appearances & press trips include:
- Tokyo, Japan (at least several times a year for TV hosting jobs, including Nat Geo, CNN, Travel Channel, Food Network)
- Mazatlan, Mexico (Day of the Dead art and festivities, 3 videos for the tourism board)
- Maui, Hawaii (social media press trip, video about fashion and food)
- Prague, Berlin and Leipzig (videos/articles on underground youth culture, music, festivals)
- Macau (Galaxy Macau opening)
- Hong Kong (social media week)
- New York (fashion week, speaking at IFB Conference)
- Florence, Italy (top fashion blogger event and culture reporting)
- Phoenix, Arizona (ghost tours, alt culture)
- Miami, Florida (Art Deco Weekend, South Beach)
- Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE (travel videos about Arabian fashion and hotels)
- The Maldives (eco-friendly resort)
- Montreal (alternative art & Kinetik Music Festival)
- Easterm Europe, travel videos with Eurail (Vienna, Zagreb, Budapest, Belgrade, Bratislava)
- Bangkok, Thailand (youth culture, experimental fashion)
- Portland, Oregon (Halloween, underground nightlife)
- Israel and Jordan (travel filming and reporting)
Trip sponsors include: international tourism bureaus (Maui, Phoenix, Thailand, Israel, Dubai, Miami, Mexico, Montreal). Hotels and apartment rental companies (Go With Oh, AirBNB, Roomorama, Fairmont, Kimpton, Orlando, Sofitel, Wimdu). Transportation services (Eurail), fashion brands - and many more partners.
Media interviews & features include The New Yorker, Washington Post, The Guardian, Cosmopolitan, Vogue, LA Times. See full clips on her press page.
TV hosting & arranging credits include National Geographic "Taboo," Travel Channel "Bizarre Foods," Food Network "World's Weirdest Restaurants," Discovery "Oddities", Dutch Pepsi, Sony Australia, Canal Plus France, Norway TV, NHK Japan (Kawaii TV), Pro Sieben Germany, and CNN. She has appeared as a guest expert on The Doctors, Today Show and more. Watch her presenting clips and learn more about her TV production company.
Speeches & appearances include New York fashion week (front row at runway shows), Hong Kong Social Media Week, Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference, Luisaviaroma Firenze4Ever (for top style bloggers), Mediabistro Social Curation Summit, PRSA Travel & Tourism Conference.
Travel video series: La Carmina hosts and scripts an ongoing video series, which is published on her site and Huffington Post. She and her professional filmmakers have done many successful showcases where they visit an international destination, and do a personalized series of blogs, videos and articles about the experience. For example, her Hawaii episode was made with support by the Maui tourism board.
Books & travel journalism: View her articles at Business Insider, CNN Travel and Huffington Post. Learn more about La Carmina's books.
La Carmina's Alt, Underground, Goth Travel Guides
See her ongoing articles & videos on La Carmina Blog.
LaCarmina's TV hosting reel
includes Fashion TV, Fuel, CNN, Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern for Travel Channel, NHK Japan, NBC Today Show, Dutch Pepsi.
Sample episode: Maldives travel video, featuring a 5-star resort. See more travel TV episodes on her YouTube.
For her TV interviews and appearances, visit the TV Hosting site. All her press/media clips here.