GOTHIC BAR HEAVEN: D’S VALENTINE & ARTISM GOTH PARTY IN SHINJUKU CLUB.

Goth Sailor Moon, two buns meatball head hair, Serena Usagi hairdstyle. Gothic Bar Heaven, Goth Lolita nightlife event at Club Hoop in Shinjuku, Tokyo Japan.

La Carmina’s weekend can be summed up – without an ounce of hyperbole – as EXHAUSTING. Shot a cat cafe (the resident Scottish Fold wasn’t nearly as cute as my Basil Farrow); danced all night at Gothic Bar Heaven; dragged myself to Alamode Market (where you can buy gothloli goods); shot a drag maid cafe; stayed out at Tokyo Decadance until 7am; shot a dog cafe; bought a monkey outfit. The nightlife and market photos will be up in the next few days. As for the rest – well, you’ll have to wait until my Theme Restaurants book is published in March!

I receive a lot of questions about how I style my hair. The truth is that I’m lazy: I never use gels or straightening/curling irons, and I probably don’t wash it as much as I should. I think my hair is the way it is because 1) it’s ridiculously thick; 2) it’s dyed and layered in a patchy way. Whenever I tie it up, it looks punky by default.

DJ Sisen, cyber Goth Japanese deejay, crazy cybergoth falls hairstyles, anime spiky wig. D's Valentine event Gothic Bar Heaven, Gothic Lolita party Club Hoop in Shinjuku, Tokyo Japan.

I was invited to Gothic Bar Heaven at Shinjuku’s Club Hoop by the very sweet organizer, D’s Valentine (who also manned the bar). My outfit concept was Goth Sailor Moon; the sweater-top is vintage Algonquins from Closet Child ($16). DJ Sisen squeezed one of my hair “meatballs” and giggled; he then popped his pacifier in his mouth and hopped around the room, arms in the air.

Goth Japanese bands and cyber musicians, performing at Gothic Bar Heaven in Shinjuku, Tokyo. Psydoll, Akira Death, Himemanik, DJ Boaz, Chihiro, Sisen, Takuya Angel
I wasn’t too impressed by Psydoll (top left) and Himemanik’s (top right) cyber-electro-rock performances. But I couldn’t stop smiling at Akira Death’s hard pounding cyborg metal performance, especially when he lamented that his name was incorrectly spelled on his sleeve (“DEAHT” isn’t quite the same as “DEATH.”)

Goth silver jewerly booths, selling crucifix and rose necklaces, pendants at Gothic boutique in Tokyo, Japan. Pirate lolita costume.

In the back room, several booths hawked silver jewelry, Vampire of Rose fake nails, and other Gothic Lolita accessories. For 500 yen, you could have a tarot card reading.

DJ Chihiro, Tokyo occult EBM deejay playing at Gothic Bar Heaven, Goth Lolita alamode night in Tokyo. Cosplay fashion, bunny ears and cyber hair.

After sets by Boaz, Takuya Angel, and Sisen, DJ Chihiro closed the night with his signature “Fi-AHHHH” song and an Aural Vampire track. “Thank you,” he uttered, sending the children of the night to stumble home in the breaking light.

Coming up next: photos of the fashion fiestas known as Alamode Market and Tokyo Decadance!

1. Posted October 26, 2008 at 11:11 am | Permalink

is living in japan expenisve?
    the culture and places there seem so coool ^^

2. Posted October 26, 2008 at 11:34 am | Permalink

It's not bad if you eat the local food (such as soba noodles, musubi, ramen from stands) and take the subway. I'm really lucky to be able to attend a lot of concerts and club nights for free because those can add up ($20-35 entry fee). Otherwise, I haven't been doing much sightseeing or tourist stuff that would be costly… I've eaten for free at a lot of the theme cafes too!

3. Posted October 26, 2008 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

is living in japan expenisve?
    the culture and places there seem so coool ^^

• Posted October 26, 2008 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

It’s not bad if you eat the local food (such as soba noodles, musubi, ramen from stands) and take the subway. I’m really lucky to be able to attend a lot of concerts and club nights for free because those can add up ($20-35 entry fee). Otherwise, I haven’t been doing much sightseeing or tourist stuff that would be costly… I’ve eaten for free at a lot of the theme cafes too!

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

heaven…
        ur so lucky ^^

i cant wait for ur book to come out (Y)

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

heaven…
        ur so lucky ^^

i cant wait for ur book to come out (Y)

• Posted October 26, 2008 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

4. Posted October 26, 2008 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

is living in japan expenisve?
    the culture and places there seem so coool ^^

5. Posted October 26, 2008 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

Love Pic with you and SiSen! So cute!

6. Posted October 26, 2008 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

thanks! He's such a cute, I want to pinch his cheeks!

7. Posted October 27, 2008 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Love Pic with you and SiSen! So cute!

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 12:35 am | Permalink

thanks! He’s such a cute, I want to pinch his cheeks!

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 4:20 am | Permalink

LOL SAME THING!!!!

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 4:20 am | Permalink

LOL SAME THING!!!!

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 12:35 am | Permalink

thanks! He’s such a cute, I want to pinch his cheeks!

8. Posted October 27, 2008 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Love Pic with you and SiSen! So cute!

9. Posted October 26, 2008 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

LOL SAME THING!!!!

10. Posted October 26, 2008 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

LoL people always ask me if i use hair straighteners. But surprisingly no. and i only wash my hair twice a week since i have alot of bright red in my hair and using too much shampoo can make it fade away quickly. and it still likes shiny and feels smooth, lol i guess im just lucky! althugh everyday when i wake up, i need t put a small amunt of this leave i treatment so my hair soesn't get damaged!

also r u wearing red eye contact lenses in thse photos? cuz in the first one ur eyes look more red-ish. unless its just the flash in the camera. lol everways it maks u look ausome!

11. Posted October 27, 2008 at 4:27 am | Permalink

LoL people always ask me if i use hair straighteners. But surprisingly no. and i only wash my hair twice a week since i have alot of bright red in my hair and using too much shampoo can make it fade away quickly. and it still likes shiny and feels smooth, lol i guess im just lucky! althugh everyday when i wake up, i need t put a small amunt of this leave i treatment so my hair soesn’t get damaged!

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

haha no it’s the flash (I only bring my handheld Cybershot to clubs). I can’t wear color contacts because my eyesight is really bad… I’d be totally blind!

• Posted October 28, 2008 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

I wear prescription colour contacts – they look cool AND help me to see better!

• Posted October 28, 2008 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

I should look into those… I have terrible eyesight. What type of colors or designs do you have? Did you get them online?

• Posted October 30, 2008 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

I actually get them from my Optometrist! But I think in the US you can get them online. They’re called Crazy Eyes or Wild Eyes, http://www.wild-eyes.com I’ve got em in white, red, cat’s eyes, spirals…

• Posted October 28, 2008 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

I wear prescription colour contacts – they look cool AND help me to see better!

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

12. Posted October 27, 2008 at 4:27 am | Permalink

13. Posted October 27, 2008 at 6:11 am | Permalink

haha no it's the flash (I only bring my handheld Cybershot to clubs). I can't wear color contacts because my eyesight is really bad… I'd be totally blind!

14. Posted October 27, 2008 at 7:44 am | Permalink

There's aband called Akira Death?…my kitty is calle Akira – now that makes me sad..

15. Posted October 27, 2008 at 8:20 am | Permalink

heaven…
    ur so lucky ^^

i cant wait for ur book to come out (Y)

16. Posted October 27, 2008 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

There’s aband called Akira Death?…my kitty is calle Akira – now that makes me sad..

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

Ahhh! Cats have nine lives, no worries!

• Posted October 28, 2008 at 10:01 am | Permalink

good thinking – phew!

• Posted October 28, 2008 at 10:01 am | Permalink

good thinking – phew!

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

Ahhh! Cats have nine lives, no worries!

17. Posted October 27, 2008 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

18. Posted October 27, 2008 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

thanks!
    Gothic Bar Heaven and Alamode Market!!!

LA CARMINA so cute <3<3<3

next?

11/2 club Cemetery
    11/9 Alamode Night

19. Posted October 27, 2008 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

hehe sounds great and it sems as u had a lot of fun there:)

good to read

20. Posted October 27, 2008 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

I will be there! I'm about to post photos from Alamode Market. Thanks for the invite and for letting me take pictures! xoxo

21. Posted October 27, 2008 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Ahhh! Cats have nine lives, no worries!

22. Posted October 27, 2008 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

thanks!
    Gothic Bar Heaven and Alamode Market!!!

LA CARMINA so cute <3<3<3

next?

11/2 club Cemetery
    11/9 Alamode Night

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

I will be there! I’m about to post photos from Alamode Market. Thanks for the invite and for letting me take pictures! xoxo

• Posted October 27, 2008 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

• Posted October 28, 2008 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Hi! I’m visiting from Australia soon, and will attend Alamode Night – see you there! :)

23. Posted October 27, 2008 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

thanks!
    Gothic Bar Heaven and Alamode Market!!!

LA CARMINA so cute <3<3<3

next?

11/2 club Cemetery
    11/9 Alamode Night

24. Posted October 27, 2008 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

hehe sounds great and it sems as u had a lot of fun there:)

good to read

25. Posted October 27, 2008 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

hehe sounds great and it sems as u had a lot of fun there:)

good to read

26. Posted October 28, 2008 at 3:01 am | Permalink

good thinking – phew!

27. Posted October 28, 2008 at 7:28 am | Permalink

I wear prescription colour contacts – they look cool AND help me to see better!

28. Posted October 28, 2008 at 7:30 am | Permalink

29. Posted October 28, 2008 at 7:30 am | Permalink

Hi! I'm visiting from Australia soon, and will attend Alamode Night – see you there! :)

30. Posted October 28, 2008 at 7:33 am | Permalink

I'm so jealous!! I love clubbing and these look great! Alas, only Alamode Night will be on when I'm there (8th to 14th Nov) And Sisen will be overseas! Boohoo, I won't get to meet him :(

31. Posted October 28, 2008 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Alamode is really fun night, and I like the StudioCube 326 space. You'll have a great time in Tokyo!

32. Posted October 28, 2008 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

I’m so jealous!! I love clubbing and these look great! Alas, only Alamode Night will be on when I’m there (8th to 14th Nov) And Sisen will be overseas! Boohoo, I won’t get to meet him :(

• Posted October 28, 2008 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

Alamode is really fun night, and I like the StudioCube 326 space. You’ll have a great time in Tokyo!

33. Posted October 30, 2008 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

I actually get them from my Optometrist! But I think in the US you can get them online. They're called Crazy Eyes or Wild Eyes, http://www.wild-eyes.com I've got em in white, red, cat's eyes, spirals…

34. Posted October 30, 2008 at 7:20 pm | Permalink