TAKUYA ANGEL FASHION SHOW: JAPANESE CYBER RAVE CLOTHING, FRUITS STREETWEAR.

Takuya Angel cybergoth fashion show in Tokyo, Japan. Fruits fashion, wild colorful bright rave gear, cyber robot alternative clothing, Cyberdog style.

Once upon a time in Osaka, there lived a 28-year-old man named Takuya Sawada. In 1995, the great earthquake shattered more than the buildings in his city; it revealed to him the fragility of his surroundings. Takuya itched to preserve the fashion of Japan’s past – the kimono, haori, geta – in a spanking-new, ultra-modern form.

And so, the brand Takuya Angel was born. The cyber/rave clothes and accessories are a riot of anime neons and space age materials: PVC, cupra, gabardine, faux fur. But the self-taught Takuya incorporates pieces of antique kimonos and forms not seen since the days of the samurai. Like transforming robots, some of the pieces have dual functions, which Takuya describes as “one-stone-two-birds.”

With the help of his wife Akiko, the brand took off. Takuya Angel has been featured in Fruits and collaborates with the Tokyo Decadence club night (the designer often deejays at cyber/Gothic events). Takuya Angel has staged several wild fashion shows; here are photos from the ninth collection unveiling, which too place last May.

Takuya Angel now has two stores (in Tokyo and Nara) and sells through other stores in Paris. Here’s another reason to visit the Harajuku branch: DJ Sisen works there on Saturdays! For more photos of the fashion show, visit Qhoto.

Song of the Day #2: An Cafe – Maple Gunman

1. Posted December 2, 2008 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Gods I love takuya angel. I swear if I go to tokyo it's all I'm going to end up spending my money on! Screw lolita give me neo japanesque awesomeness!

2. Posted December 2, 2008 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

an cafe!!!

ive only been into them the past few months XD but they are amzing I was really shocked when I saw their videos for the first time I really thought they were women XD

Those clothes are breath taking!
    I couldn't even imagine them :o

3. Posted December 2, 2008 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

Gods I love takuya angel. I swear if I go to tokyo it’s all I’m going to end up spending my money on! Screw lolita give me neo japanesque awesomeness!

4. Posted December 2, 2008 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Pure love!!!!

in the first pic- the second one… is that akiko? ^…^

YEAH

5. Posted December 2, 2008 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

I've found my new guilty pleasure!

6. Posted December 2, 2008 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Inspiring work! XD
    Thanks for sharing!!

7. Posted December 2, 2008 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

My pleasure! It was hard to choose only a few of the photos – they're all so inspiring!

8. Posted December 2, 2008 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

an cafe!!!

Those clothes are breath taking!
    I couldn’t even imagine them :o

9. Posted December 2, 2008 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

Oh wow
    Everythings so cute
    I love the Japanese Industrial scene
    Wayy better then the American cyber goths

<333

10. Posted December 2, 2008 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

The Harajuku store is directly next to Jack's! Make sure to check it out and say hi to “Elovis” the singer for Tokyo Cramps!

11. Posted December 3, 2008 at 1:16 am | Permalink

Pure love!!!!

in the first pic- the second one… is that akiko? ^…^

YEAH

12. Posted December 3, 2008 at 1:16 am | Permalink

I’ve found my new guilty pleasure!

13. Posted December 3, 2008 at 1:16 am | Permalink

Inspiring work! XD
    Thanks for sharing!!

• Posted December 3, 2008 at 1:17 am | Permalink

My pleasure! It was hard to choose only a few of the photos – they’re all so inspiring!

14. Posted December 2, 2008 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

ahh zOMG so cute and colorful! i'm jealous ^^ this is great

15. Posted December 3, 2008 at 2:45 am | Permalink

Oh wow
    Everythings so cute
    I love the Japanese Industrial scene
    Wayy better then the American cyber goths

<333

16. Posted December 3, 2008 at 2:45 am | Permalink

The Harajuku store is directly next to Jack’s! Make sure to check it out and say hi to “Elovis” the singer for Tokyo Cramps!

17. Posted December 3, 2008 at 5:06 am | Permalink

ahh zOMG so cute and colorful! i’m jealous ^^ this is great

18. Posted December 3, 2008 at 8:09 am | Permalink

I'm a big fan of Takuya Angel! I have the pouch and the armwarmers of the Mononoke collection and the quality is really good and the colors so hot! Thanks TA to bring us this style!

19. Posted December 3, 2008 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

I’m a big fan of Takuya Angel! I have the pouch and the armwarmers of the Mononoke collection and the quality is really good and the colors so hot! Thanks TA to bring us this style!

20. Posted December 3, 2008 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

Awww!!!!

SO PRITTY AND COLOURFULL!!!!!!!

^_^

21. Posted December 4, 2008 at 4:04 am | Permalink

Awww!!!!

SO PRITTY AND COLOURFULL!!!!!!!

^_^

22. Posted March 12, 2009 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

OH! I love the color,very striking color.The teens surely love it.Is it now our new trend in line? Why not,I think it will hit especially the teens.

23. Posted March 12, 2009 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

I think Cyber and Wa fashion will be popular this year in Tokyo!

24. Posted March 13, 2009 at 12:27 am | Permalink

• Posted March 13, 2009 at 12:53 am | Permalink

I think Cyber and Wa fashion will be popular this year in Tokyo!

25. Posted May 14, 2009 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

I adore Takuya Angel, his clothes and music. He is so much fun! Engaging personality and fabulous style, right out of cyber kitty heaven! His wife is wonderful too!

26. Posted May 15, 2009 at 6:18 am | Permalink

27. Posted August 25, 2009 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

I have no idea about Takuya Angel but I think there models look good on their fruits street wear, It is a nice idea using fruits as their design. I like their concept.

28. Posted August 26, 2009 at 6:04 am | Permalink

I have no idea about Takuya Angel but the models looks like an Anime , It is a nice idea using Anime outfit as their design. I like their concept. Japanese are really creative.

29. Posted August 26, 2009 at 6:04 am | Permalink