HARAJUKU STREET STYLE: PUTUMAYO, VISUAL KEI MUSIC STORES, KAWAII KIDDYLAND.

Harajuku shopping, Putumayo Lolita dresses, pretty frilly sweet loli clothes. Dog cyber vintages store in Tokyo Japan.

If you haven’t made it to Tokyo yet, fear not – Harajuku remains ruled by Gothic Lolita Rococo Punk. I took some more photos of the two Putumayo boutiques; you can see photos from last fall here. Dog, the secondhand cyber/couture store, is also a must-visit.

Harajuku stores 6% Doki Doki, Kiddyland kawaii cute store, sanrio stationery, pretty Lolita dresses Japan shopping guide.

The same goes for 6% Doki Doki (see interior photos here), any store with a bunny-head mannequin, and the incredible Kiddyland (a 5-story shop stuffed with Sanrio/San-X/Ghibli character goods).

Visual Kei music stores Shinjuku, Edison famous Japanese CD music shop, Vidoll, Versailles J-rock band.

Next, I headed to Shinjuku’s Edison music store, known for its Visual Kei and J-rock selection. My friends joined the long lineup for Versailles concert tickets. Good thing that there were band outfits, signed posters, and cardboard cut-outs to pass the time!

Fairy kei and Marui photos to come! Clickey the Related Links (below) and my Tokyo Goth/Lolita Shopping Guide for more.

Song of the Day #121: Vidoll – Cryptic Tokyo

1. Posted May 23, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

not only is that bunny-quin the coolest thing but the dress on it is awesome!

2. Posted May 23, 2009 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

The store name is pretty great too – Drug Honey.

3. Posted May 24, 2009 at 6:14 am | Permalink

not only is that bunny-quin the coolest thing but the dress on it is awesome!

• Posted May 24, 2009 at 6:15 am | Permalink

The store name is pretty great too – Drug Honey.

4. Posted May 24, 2009 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Hey Carmina, Japan seems great … I will be going there soon so I will need to use one of your really helpful Harajuku shopping guides. When is the next time you are coming to London ? The Angel Pretty store is now re-open so there are more and more places now to buy Lolita clothing in London. Also I found a new store selling Lolita called “Gothic Lolita & Punk”http://www.glpclub.com/ and here is a videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STSW_wYWpI0 the clothes are really good quality and value. ^__^

5. Posted May 24, 2009 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

• Posted May 24, 2009 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

Ahh, I haven’t been to London since 2004… I would LOVE to go back. Corporate sponsors / generous patrons, want to fly me over? ;)

6. Posted May 24, 2009 at 10:12 am | Permalink

omg. the outfits…kawaii!
    i know this is probably obvious, but does putumayo ship overseas?

7. Posted May 24, 2009 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

omg. the outfits…kawaii!
    i know this is probably obvious, but does putumayo ship overseas?

• Posted May 24, 2009 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

You can buy their clothes through MaruiOne (link on right sidebar of this blog) – they ship everywhere. :)

8. Posted May 24, 2009 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

putumayo……………loved……………..moi meme moitiemana sama………….loved………
    I love all the marks ………….loved elegant gothic and lolita…..
    =~.~=

9. Posted May 24, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

10. Posted May 24, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Ahh, I haven't been to London since 2004… I would LOVE to go back. Corporate sponsors / generous patrons, want to fly me over? ;)

11. Posted May 24, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Could we ask for more on Drug Honey??? looks so promising..

12. Posted May 24, 2009 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Haha the outside looks better than the inside…

13. Posted May 24, 2009 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

putumayo……………loved……………..moi meme moitiemana sama………….loved………
    I love all the marks ………….loved elegant gothic and lolita…..
    =~.~=

14. Posted May 24, 2009 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

Could we ask for more on Drug Honey??? looks so promising..

• Posted May 24, 2009 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

Haha the outside looks better than the inside…

15. Posted May 24, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Ah, I just bought my tix for the Versailles “International Night” on CD Japan. Soooo convenient! *o* And I didn't know Like an Edison sold clothes too… I thought they were just a music shop (I got my Noble album from there through the Mukunoki shopping service. ^^ ). I'll have to check it out once I get to visit this summer!

Carmina, will you still be in Japan in late July/early August? I'm going to be exploring the country and I'd love to meet you for tea or something. E-mail me? ^^

16. Posted May 24, 2009 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

Ah, actually the band outfits were merely on display (not for sale)… but you can buy VK t-shirts and gear from the music store on the top floor of MaruiOne.

I'm not sure if I'll be in Tokyo then, but I'll definitely keep you posted! Tea sounds lovely.

17. Posted May 24, 2009 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

When I went to Japan in December, my friend and I went to Swimmer in Laforet!!!

It wasn't *my* bag of tea *H. Naoto and the darker areas caught my fancy* and my friend bought herself out of house and home there!
    It is a pretty interesting little boutique and the attendants were really helpful!

18. Posted May 24, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

I had a similar experience! I didn't pay much attention to Swimmer until later on… it's so easy to be distracted at Laforet!

19. Posted May 24, 2009 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

Ah, I just bought my tix for the Versailles “International Night” on CD Japan. Soooo convenient! *o* And I didn’t know Like an Edison sold clothes too… I thought they were just a music shop (I got my Noble album from there through the Mukunoki shopping service. ^^ ). I’ll have to check it out once I get to visit this summer!

Carmina, will you still be in Japan in late July/early August? I’m going to be exploring the country and I’d love to meet you for tea or something. E-mail me? ^^

• Posted May 24, 2009 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

I’m not sure if I’ll be in Tokyo then, but I’ll definitely keep you posted! Tea sounds lovely.

20. Posted May 25, 2009 at 12:02 am | Permalink

When I went to Japan in December, my friend and I went to Swimmer in Laforet!!!

It wasn’t *my* bag of tea *H. Naoto and the darker areas caught my fancy* and my friend bought herself out of house and home there!

• Posted May 25, 2009 at 12:03 am | Permalink

I had a similar experience! I didn’t pay much attention to Swimmer until later on… it’s so easy to be distracted at Laforet!

21. Posted May 24, 2009 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

where exactly is that putumayo shop? o.o i've totally missed it.

just went to small one in laforet o.o

22. Posted May 24, 2009 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

If you walk all the way through Takeshita Doori and then cross Meiji Doori, there's another “Harajuku shops” section (it's a maze of shops…) Wander forward and left-ish in this area and you'll be sure to find both Putumayos. :)

23. Posted May 25, 2009 at 6:49 am | Permalink

where exactly is that putumayo shop? o.o i’ve totally missed it.

just went to small one in laforet o.o

• Posted May 25, 2009 at 6:50 am | Permalink

If you walk all the way through Takeshita Doori and then cross Meiji Doori, there’s another “Harajuku shops” section (it’s a maze of shops…) Wander forward and left-ish in this area and you’ll be sure to find both Putumayos. :)

24. Posted May 25, 2009 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Aww =( I can't find Putumayo on Maruione site and the tank top looks sooo cool.
    I went to Japan over spring break with my Japanese class and the tour guide took us to Harajuku for only one hour … It was so sad! And we didn't go to Laforet! We wandered up and down Takeshita Doori and I was out of my mind. ^_^ I really want to go back!

25. Posted May 26, 2009 at 2:17 am | Permalink

Aww =( I can’t find Putumayo on Maruione site and the tank top looks sooo cool.
    I went to Japan over spring break with my Japanese class and the tour guide took us to Harajuku for only one hour … It was so sad! And we didn’t go to Laforet! We wandered up and down Takeshita Doori and I was out of my mind. ^_^ I really want to go back!

26. Posted May 26, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

hehe yes the bunny is awesome:)

27. Posted May 26, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

hehe yes the bunny is awesome:)

28. Posted May 26, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

hehe yes the bunny is awesome:)

29. Posted May 26, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

hehe yes the bunny is awesome:)

30. Posted September 20, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

can you buy stuff here in the us on the putumayo store?

31. Posted September 21, 2009 at 12:22 am | Permalink

can you buy stuff here in the us on the putumayo store?

32. Posted September 21, 2009 at 12:22 am | Permalink

can you buy stuff here in the us on the putumayo store?

33. Posted May 4, 2011 at 2:05 am | Permalink