VISUAL KEI J-ROCK MEMORABILIA STORES IN HARAJUKU, TOKYO JAPAN. WHERE TO BUY JPOP STARS PHOTOS & SOUVENIRS.

Harajuku is just like my favorite movie, The Ten Commandments: each time you revisit it, you discover something new and amazing! The legendary Tokyo district may not the Fruits fashion heaven that people imagine it to be, but if you ask me, it’s still the best place around to shop and soak up colored-hair, pierced-faced, punk-booted inspiration. (Where else would a cute fetish polar bear make total sense?)

I’ve posted hundreds of Harajuku boutique photos, but neglected to put up pictures of rock star merchandise shops. Usually packed with teenage schoolgirls, these stores are plastered with J-pop and Visual Kei posters, photos, tour souvenirs…

Pop idols take up most of the racks, but you’ll find Hide, X Japan, Gackt, Mana and your other favorites in the mix. Most stores offer gachopon (lottery machines); insert 200 yen in this one and you’ll get a Nightmare trinket.

D'espairs Ray new album, 10th anniversary cd, Visual Kei music stores in Harajuku, J-rock and J pop idol photos, memorabilia in Tokyo japan, Visual kei hide, X Japan, Gackt merchandise, cds and souvenirs, rare vinyl, Nightmare Japanese band

I leave you with a D’espairs Ray 10th anniversary poster from the music store inside Laforet, the Harajuku shopping complex. You can see more Visual Kei music store photos, as well as every Gothic Lolita Punk brand inside Lafore, on this page.

And here is my new CNNGo article: Asia WIN! A photo gallery of epic epicness. Hope it makes you chuckle. See you in costume at my LA book signings!

Song of the Day #247: Laura Branigan – Self Control (I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again: 1984 was a very good year.)

1. Posted November 29, 2009 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

VISUAL KEI GACHOPON? THAT'S SIMPLY AMAIJING! suuuugoiiii desu~ (^___^)-b

2. Posted November 29, 2009 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

O_O. Why can't they have things like that HERE!? *cry*

3. Posted November 29, 2009 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

hahaha cool…XDD

4. Posted November 29, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Sugoi, ne? XD

5. Posted November 29, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

;__;

6. Posted November 29, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

There are maid cafe gachopon, h.NAOTO and Hello Kitty ones… love them!

7. Posted November 29, 2009 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

VISUAL KEI GACHOPON? THAT’S SIMPLY AMAIJING! suuuugoiiii desu~ (^___^)-b

• Posted November 30, 2009 at 1:32 am | Permalink

There are maid cafe gachopon, h.NAOTO and Hello Kitty ones… love them!

8. Posted November 30, 2009 at 12:23 am | Permalink

O_O. Why can’t they have things like that HERE!? *cry*

9. Posted November 30, 2009 at 12:50 am | Permalink

hahaha cool…XDD

10. Posted November 30, 2009 at 2:41 am | Permalink

Oh win. I'm so going there! *~* I can still see paint on my walls, need more posters!!

11. Posted November 30, 2009 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Oh win. I’m so going there! *~* I can still see paint on my walls, need more posters!!

• Posted November 30, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

They sell tons of posters, photos, everything to turn your room into a VK paradise!

12. Posted November 30, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Laforet is very good!
    However, I has been there only still once.
    Because it is very far from my house.

13. Posted November 30, 2009 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Laforet is great… the basement is fun!

14. Posted November 30, 2009 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

15. Posted November 30, 2009 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Laforet is very good!
    However, I has been there only still once.
    Because it is very far from my house.

• Posted November 30, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Laforet is great… the basement is fun!

16. Posted December 2, 2009 at 9:52 am | Permalink

AHHHHHH I love Nightmare!! ;_;

17. Posted December 2, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

All the major VK bands have photos and memorabilia for sale… you'd go broke! ;)

18. Posted December 2, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

AHHHHHH I love Nightmare!! ;_;

• Posted December 2, 2009 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

All the major VK bands have photos and memorabilia for sale… you’d go broke! ;)

19. Posted December 6, 2009 at 2:58 am | Permalink

There is a really big store selling those types of things, near paris kids accessories (which is awesome and has accessories for 300 yen each) and a whole lot of stores selling v.kei cosplay and tutus, its just off the station road….I cant remember what near :s

20. Posted December 6, 2009 at 10:58 am | Permalink

21. Posted December 6, 2009 at 10:58 am | Permalink

22. Posted October 22, 2010 at 3:40 am | Permalink

LOL is that like a Hard-gay polar bear mask xD it looks like HG’s hat and glasses and I can see the G lol

23. Posted November 20, 2010 at 1:35 am | Permalink

About all I have where I live is WalMart. A store like the one above is like a magical place to me . . . I can’t believe no one sells this stuff online. They’d make a fortune and make others happy. I don’t get it.

24. Posted December 19, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

Can you please tell me what shop is that photo taken, the second from the top one with hanging small photos? I need to get these SUGIZO photos so badly when I go to Tokyo in January.