SUGARPILL MAKEUP BY SHRINKLE, KAWAII RINGS, JEWELRY & HAIR ACCESSORIES. HARAJUKU DIY NAIL ART, PEOPLE’S MARKET DRESS, JAPANESE CUTE DYED HAIRSTYLES.

La Carmina, lacarmina fashion blogger, egl, age, real name, livejournal, La Carmina blog, goth blogger, goth model, tokyo stylist, SUGARPILL MAKEUP BY SHRINKLE, KAWAII RINGS, JEWELRY & HAIR ACCESSORIES. HARAJUKU DIY NAIL ART, PEOPLE'S MARKET DRESS, JAPANESE CUTE DYED HAIRSTYLES. TOKYO japan street fashion, fruits style japan, decora clothing, where to buy gothic lolita clothes, shopping guide map Tokyo, red pink scene queen hair, dyed hairstyles emo hipster goth, wacky colored hairstyles, crazy hair style color, mori girls, gabriel shuldiner jewelry

I received some fun packages in the mail recently… including a box of Sugarpill makeup from Shrinkle (Amy Doan)! Her newly-launched cosmetics line is all about vibrant colors and was the official brand for Hello Kitty’s anniversary party.

With a sponge, I swept FlamePoint orange over my lids and ButterCupcake yellow along the inner crease (both are pressed eyeshadows). I applied Asylum red under my eyelids and Tiara silver along the inner crease (these are loose powders that sparkle like gems). The shadows went on smooth and strong; I love how the colors ring out even from a distance. If you’re keen to try Sugarpill Makeup, all products can be ordered online here.

I traced the edges of my lips with an old grey eye pencil, and filled the center with Too Faced tropical pink lip gloss. Voila: sparkly shine, without losing your Goth!

I find painting my own nails very relaxing, while a salon manicure is a waste of time/money and not enjoyable… am I alone in this? I applied a coat of candy apple red, pink glitter on top, and three white dots using nail art polish from Daiso.

long hair braid, runway professional hairstyling, SUGARPILL MAKEUP BY SHRINKLE, KAWAII RINGS, JEWELRY & HAIR ACCESSORIES. HARAJUKU DIY NAIL ART, PEOPLE'S MARKET DRESS, JAPANESE CUTE DYED HAIRSTYLES. TOKYO japan street fashion, fruits style japan, decora clothing, where to buy gothic lolita clothes, shopping guide map Tokyo, red pink scene queen hair, dyed hairstyles emo hipster goth, wacky colored hairstyles, crazy hair style color, mori girls, gabriel shuldiner jewelry

Komodokat sent me kawaii jewelry — wahhh! I adore the kitty-candy hair clips and pin, happy tooth ring, and dim sum charm bracelet (you know I’m a fan of anything with a cute face on it). Komodokat’s accessories and charms are 100% handmade and affordable; come browse the Etsy store and fall in love.

cute red summer dress, london girly clothes, SUGARPILL MAKEUP BY SHRINKLE, KAWAII RINGS, JEWELRY & HAIR ACCESSORIES. HARAJUKU DIY NAIL ART, PEOPLE'S MARKET DRESS, JAPANESE CUTE DYED HAIRSTYLES. TOKYO japan street fashion, fruits style japan, decora clothing, where to buy gothic lolita clothes, shopping guide map Tokyo, red pink scene queen hair, dyed hairstyles emo hipster goth, wacky colored hairstyles, crazy hair style color, mori girls, gabriel shuldiner jewelry

My red dress is by People’s Market, a young London brand I’m rather fond of. (My HBO party dress was by the same label.)

people market's london, people market cute indie dresses, british women hippie dresses, style bubble, floral dresses summer 2010, cutest brands ladies flowing light dresses, modern contemporary womens fashion, english rose beauty street style

The dresses are flirty and have high-fashion elements, such as shirred sleeves, asymmetrical collars and — yes — stars on the hem.

la carmina modeling, sexy, hair color

The shoes are from my friends at London Underground (remember my shoe factory tour?). The striking pendant necklace is by Gabriel J. Shuldiner. He generously sent me Black Chunk beauty from his new Fleurs Du Mal collection: “one-of-a-kind, hand-sculpted and hand-painted, using both modified and recycled materials.” Post-modern, post-punk, and simply stunning. Gabriel’s latest collection is available at select NYC boutiques and by custom order.

SUGARPILL MAKEUP BY SHRINKLE, mineral makeup containers, amy doan, cute cupcake pins, KAWAII RINGS, JEWELRY & HAIR ACCESSORIES. HARAJUKU DIY NAIL ART, PEOPLE'S MARKET DRESS, JAPANESE CUTE DYED HAIRSTYLES. TOKYO japan street fashion, fruits style japan, decora clothing, where to buy gothic lolita clothes, shopping guide map Tokyo, red pink scene queen hair, dyed hairstyles emo hipster goth, wacky colored hairstyles, crazy hair style color, mori girls, gabriel shuldiner jewelry

The next time you’re in a shopping mood, I encourage you to support indie designers like the delightful artists/entrepreneurs featured above. Why buy something blah from the mall when you can get a hand-crafted, original knockout?

Coming up: more LA adventures, and a makeup tutorial video featuring Sugarpill makeup. (Have you heard of or tried Shrinkle’s makeup line?)

I have a feeling you’ll LOL at my latest CNNGo article: Asia’s 10 most viral memes knock out their Western counterparts (Epic Beard Man, Chuck Norris Quotes and more).

Song of the Day #329: Japan Dark Navi’s first podcast with songs by Baal, Destruct System, 101A, Belle Lune and more. My friend Emery runs the site; it’s a portal into all things Gothic in Japan.

Filed Under Fashion

1. Posted March 18, 2010 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Ah, forgot to mention.. the wristband in the first photo is also from London Underground http://londonundergroundshoes.com/

2. Posted March 18, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Ooh, haven’t heard of that makeup brand before~

Also, yes, I also find doing my own nails to be really relaxing! I’m quickly developing a hardcore nail polish monkey…XD

• Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

Every time is a chance to experiment with a new nailpolish technique! I look forward to it haha

3. Posted March 18, 2010 at 9:07 am | Permalink

4. Posted March 18, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Ooh, haven't heard of that makeup brand before~

Also, yes, I also find doing my own nails to be really relaxing! I'm quickly developing a hardcore nail polish monkey…XD

5. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Woo! I’m going to have to stock up on Sugarpill makeup. :]

• Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

It comes in really cute boxes too!

6. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

haha…I keep hearing rave reviews on Sugarpill makeup, so that’s on the future to-buy list. As for the charms, I’ve just gotten into polymer clay myself and those are so much fun to make!

• Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Oh cuteeee… I’ve never worked with polymer, but the results are so charming.

• Posted March 20, 2010 at 3:42 am | Permalink

You’d love it if you try it–very addicting. lol.

7. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

I’m glad I’m not the only one outside of YouTube that likes Sugarpill. I bought 2 pigments and 2 of their palettes~ They are so amazing O_O
    Does the People’s Market have an online store?

8. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

OMG Yes! More high-pigmented, fun-colored cosmestics that are vegan-friendly! Well, most of them, anyways, but most is waaaay better than none!

Looks like all of the loose powders are safe, and the blue, purple, yellow, and green pressed powders are too! Yes Yes Yes! I prefer my non-neutral colors to be bold and high-pigmented. I’m one of those so-pale-she’s-kinda-transparent-in-some-places girls, and I’m more drawn to cooler colors, which just make me look like I got beat-up or have an infection or something! No one wants that!

So I have Lime Crime, Urban Decay, Aromaleigh, and now Sugerpill to drool over and dream about! Woo-Hoo! *Boogie Dances*

• Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

I use all of those brands ahah — they’ve made me much more interested in the possibilities of makeup than I was a few years ago. It’s really fun to experiment!

9. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

I’ll tweet in english, just for you: that yellow eyeshadow is TOO AWESOME

10. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

Wahhh! Thank you for sharing Komodokat! I have been drueling over Q-pot jewelry for months, and dying a little inside each time that the Kawaii designs are pretty much out of my price range..but Komodokat has totally solved that! I think their jewelry is just as cute, and whimsical as Q-pot and I can actually afford it!! Bonzai! =^-^=

11. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Posted March 18, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Fabulous make-up and dresses by world market.

13. Posted March 18, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Permalink

i love the shoes! and the grey lipstick ^^

14. Posted March 18, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Permalink

Simply Marvelous!

15. Posted March 18, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

Make-up is gorgeous, i’m not brave enough for bright make-up, I got for crazy clothes instead. You look gorgeous love xx

16. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Woo! I'm going to have to stock up on Sugarpill makeup. :]

17. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

haha…I keep hearing rave reviews on Sugarpill makeup, so that's on the future to-buy list. As for the charms, I've just gotten into polymer clay myself and those are so much fun to make!

18. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

I'm glad I'm not the only one outside of YouTube that likes Sugarpill. I bought 2 pigments and 2 of their palettes~ They are so amazing O_O
    Does the People's Market have an online store?

19. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

Looks like all of the loose powders are safe, and the blue, purple, yellow, and green pressed powders are too! Yes Yes Yes! I prefer my non-neutral colors to be bold and high-pigmented. I'm one of those so-pale-she's-kinda-transparent-in-some-places girls, and I'm more drawn to cooler colors, which just make me look like I got beat-up or have an infection or something! No one wants that!

20. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

I'll tweet in english, just for you: that yellow eyeshadow is TOO AWESOME

21. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

22. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

23. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

It comes in really cute boxes too!

24. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Oh cuteeee… I've never worked with polymer, but the results are so charming.

25. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

Hmmm I think you can get People's Market from online retailers, like ASOS – http://www.asos.com/Women/A-To-Z-Of-Brands/Peop… prices are grerrreat!

26. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

I use all of those brands ahah — they've made me much more interested in the possibilities of makeup than I was a few years ago. It's really fun to experiment!

27. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

xoxoxo ~

28. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

Hooray! You'll love the personal customer service as well (and it'll be mailed to you super fast). Let me know what you end up getting. :)

CNNGo did a piece on Q-Pot's store in Tokyo… the fried egg table is out of control. http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/shop/qpot-dont-eat-j

29. Posted March 18, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Posted March 18, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Fabulous make-up and dresses by world market.

31. Posted March 18, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Permalink

i love the shoes! and the grey lipstick ^^

32. Posted March 18, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Permalink

Simply Marvelous!

33. Posted March 18, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

Make-up is gorgeous, i'm not brave enough for bright make-up, I got for crazy clothes instead. You look gorgeous love xx

34. Posted March 19, 2010 at 5:29 am | Permalink

weres the make-up tutorial :P??

• Posted March 19, 2010 at 5:30 am | Permalink

where ^_^

• Posted March 19, 2010 at 5:32 am | Permalink

I’ll post it next week… I try to space out my videos ;)

35. Posted March 19, 2010 at 5:44 am | Permalink

Friggen Awesome says the Thomas Goblin

36. Posted March 19, 2010 at 5:29 am | Permalink

weres the make-up tutorial :P??

37. Posted March 19, 2010 at 5:30 am | Permalink

where ^_^

38. Posted March 19, 2010 at 5:32 am | Permalink

I'll post it next week… I try to space out my videos ;)

39. Posted March 19, 2010 at 5:44 am | Permalink

Friggen Awesome says the Thomas Goblin

40. Posted March 19, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

that ring is superkawaii! :D

41. Posted March 19, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

The necklace is beautiful. LOVE.

42. Posted March 19, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

that ring is superkawaii! :D

43. Posted March 19, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

The necklace is beautiful. LOVE.

44. Posted March 20, 2010 at 3:52 am | Permalink

Daiso would have to be one of my favorite places in the world. They have EVERYTHING! I never fail to spend under 1000 yen in there and come out a happy girl!

I have been thinking about buying some sugarpill make up the colors look so bright and happy!

• Posted March 20, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

Daiso is my heaven as well… ahhhh!

45. Posted March 20, 2010 at 3:42 am | Permalink

You'd love it if you try it–very addicting. lol.

46. Posted March 20, 2010 at 3:52 am | Permalink

47. Posted March 20, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

I’ve never heard of SugarPill makeup…though it sounds like something I’ll have to try. lol
    cute jewelry also

48. Posted March 20, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

Daiso is my heaven as well… ahhhh!

49. Posted March 20, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

I've never heard of SugarPill makeup…though it sounds like something I'll have to try. lol
    cute jewelry also

50. Posted March 24, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

Yay. I really love that look. :)

51. Posted March 24, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

Yay. I really love that look. :)

52. Posted March 25, 2010 at 12:04 am | Permalink

:D :D

53. Posted April 5, 2010 at 3:51 am | Permalink

Wow….So sexy in this style. I love it.

54. Posted April 5, 2010 at 3:51 am | Permalink

Wow….So sexy in this style. I love it.

55. Posted April 30, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

I am your thankful. I was searching good information about Rings then I got your information to buy well Rings for my girlfriend.

56. Posted April 30, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

57. Posted August 23, 2010 at 6:46 am | Permalink

You have a great photo album.There are so many jewels that a woman can wear it is sad sometimes when you see women who just don’t look so beautiful despite the fact that they are beautiful from mother nature.nnn_______________________________________________________________________________nCufflink Casenn

58. Posted August 23, 2010 at 6:46 am | Permalink