MILADY DE WINTER FROM THE THREE MUSKETEERS: 17TH CENTURY FRENCH COURT, AROMALEIGH GOTHIC LOLITA MAKEUP.
I’m having a grand time reading about your favorite fairytale/storybook villains. Amazingly, none of you have picked my own favorite… Milady de Winter, from The Three Musketeers! She’s a spy with a checkered past who seduces d’Artagnan and causes scandal at the court of Louis XIII.
D’Artagnan detained her by her night dress of fine India linen, to implore her pardon; but she, with a strong movement, tried to escape. Then the cambric was torn from her beautiful shoulders; and on one of those lovely shoulders, round and white, D’Artagnan recognized, with inexpressible astonishment, the fleur-de-lis–that indelible mark which the hand of the infamous executioner had imprinted. “Great God!” cried D’Artagnan, loosing his hold of her dress, and remaining mute, motionless, and frozen. […] Although the young man was brave, as we know, he was terrified at that wild countenance, those terribly dilated pupils, those pale cheeks, and those bleeding lips…
– From The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
I decided to pay homage to Milady with a little help from Aromaleigh’s Gothic Lolita makeup collection.
1. I swept silver Wonderland eyeshadow up to my brow line.
2. The silver/brown/purple Teddy Wisp went over my lids.
3. I applied Velvet Dream, a fuschia rust, above my upper eyelid crease for a splash of color.
4. With a small brush, I outlined the outer edges of my eyes with Elegant Reverie, a shimmery grey black.
5. Aromaleigh’s Juliette nourishing color crème (lipstick) is fantastic. It goes on smooth and not too thick – and tastes like chocolate!
6. I brushed Voile VX white mineral foundation over my face. I love how it adds Rococo/Gothic pallor without making me look like a Noh mask.
7. I swept a fair amount of You’re A Doll rouge on my cheeks.
All in all, I’m ticked pink by Aromaleigh. The colors are edgy but not overly-saturated, allowing me to achieve Gothic Lolita-esque looks.
Sheer ruffle top: Madame de Saint Gil, Paris (vintage)
Corset-top skirt: Atelier Pierrot, from Laforet Harajuku
Fleur de lis tattoo: Photoshop
Song of the Day #44: Saw Dust In Me – Mortification Made Me