JAPANESE GOTHIC NEW YEAR’S EVE OUTFIT: H.NAOTO, YOHJI YAMAMOTO, KERA ARENA.

h.NAOTO dress, goth makeup, Japanese Gothic Lolita punk streetstyle. Fruits fashion from Harajuku. Goth 80s makeup.

Happy New Year, my dear darklings! Here’s to yet another year of scandal and drama!

La Carmina fashion blogger wearing h.NAOTO dress, goth makeup, Japanese Gothic Lolita punk streetstyle. Fruits fashion from Harajuku. Skinny Asian model, cute Japanese girl.

Dress: hEAVEN by h.NAOTO (vintage, from Closet Child Harajuku)

Faux fur jacket: vintage

Crystal and leather bracelet: Yohji Yamamoto (vintage, from 10/TOW in Shibuya)

Platform boots: Kera Shop Arena (vintage, from Closet Child Harajuku)

I decided to set the tone for 2009 by tying a stuffed Ugly Doll bat to my forehead and wearing a skull hat meant for a cat on my shoulder. Oh, to have run around with Salvador Dali and his collection of freaks!

Blade Runner eyeshadow: Elizabeth Arden

Fake eyelashes: from SaSa in Hong Kong

Blue glitter pen: Too-Faced

Let’s make the new year our most decadent one yet! How did you celebrate the countdown? Did you make any resolutions? I’m going to hop onto my elliptical machine…

Song of the Day #18: X-Japan –
Celebration

1. Posted January 2, 2009 at 6:30 am | Permalink

La Carmina, you're giving Daryl Hannah a run for her replicant money!!

another great cinematic look= ever seen Theda Bara (anagram of 'Arab Death!!') and her top made of snakes??!! soooo proto-goth

2. Posted January 2, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

La Carmina, you’re giving Daryl Hannah a run for her replicant money!!

another great cinematic look= ever seen Theda Bara (anagram of ‘Arab Death!!’) and her top made of snakes??!! soooo proto-goth

3. Posted January 2, 2009 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Your outfit is so great! Love it! … I'm still working on my new years resolutions. I'm making changes in my life so that I can more easily follow my dreams!

4. Posted January 2, 2009 at 10:57 am | Permalink

this is certainly a very fun look

awesome work Carmen. keep it up

5. Posted January 2, 2009 at 10:57 am | Permalink

love it
    your outfit
    is proper cute
    nice one =)

6. Posted January 2, 2009 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Thank you! Happy 09 to you and your fam!

7. Posted January 2, 2009 at 11:03 am | Permalink

That sounds awesome – sending my best, and I look forward to seeing more of your art!

8. Posted January 2, 2009 at 11:39 am | Permalink

I tend to respect brave people who dress how they like to, not following rules and all that crap. That's why I find Lolita boring and restrictive sometimes, because of the excess of rules (and I'm not saying your dressing style has anything to do with Lolita more than the -sometimes- brand clothing — really, no). But I think even the most “rebel” outfits need to be put together with style, and really, you fail at doing that. It's not about going out looking like a clown and just believing it's so cool because you “don't follow trends”.

Please! A plushy tied to your head will always look stupid – no matter how ruprurist you think it makes you. It's not gothic, nor japanese inspired, whatever you think it is. It's just plain ridiculous.

Yes, I realize I'm nobody to tell you what to do, but I also must say you really should stop giving elaborated names to your makeup when it's painfully obvious you don't know how to apply it at all. I mean, that messy eyeshadow just looks like you rubbed a piece of coal over your eyes.

You just don't pull it off right.

9. Posted January 2, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Sybil, amen!
    Just putting an outfit randomly together with some “kawaii” plush toys and “Japan” inspired material doesn't make it work.
    You can either dress like a rebel or you can just dress trashy. Make-up smeared under your eyes look like you applied it in a pool.
    It's your style, I know. But you can dress properly and be known for that, or dress tacky/trashy and be mocked for that instead.
    Oh yes, and just because you picked something up at Closet Child from a past collection does not make it vintage.

10. Posted January 2, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

happy new year lovely–

11. Posted January 2, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

It's ridiculous, absolutely! DJ Sisen hangs stuffed toys in his cyber dreads, next to a neon green barrette shaped like a penis. Dance Macabre and others who participate in Tokyo Decadance always look like they ransacked a clown's closet. Ah, it's New Year's – I'll go all out. ^__~

Thanks for reading,

12. Posted January 2, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

You forgot to mention that my lipstick is lopsided… I had two Scotches and two glasses of wine at that point… I couldn't walk in a straight line, let alone apply eyeshadow evenly!

13. Posted January 2, 2009 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

Your outfit is so great! Love it! … I’m still working on my new years resolutions. I’m making changes in my life so that I can more easily follow my dreams!

• Posted January 2, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

14. Posted January 2, 2009 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

love it
    your outfit
    is proper cute
    nice one =)

15. Posted January 2, 2009 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

this is certainly a very fun look

awesome work Carmen. keep it up

• Posted January 2, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Thank you! Happy 09 to you and your fam!

16. Posted January 2, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

PS regarding vintage – in Canada, we call all of our secondhand shops “vintage shops.” The term is used more loosely here (and in some other parts of the world) than in the USA, where I see you're from. I included the term because readers may not be familiar with Closet Child (which, as you know, only sells second clothing)… In any case, thanks for raising the point.

17. Posted January 2, 2009 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

I tend to respect brave people who dress how they like to, not following rules and all that crap. That’s why I find Lolita boring and restrictive sometimes, because of the excess of rules (and I’m not saying your dressing style has anything to do with Lolita more than the -sometimes- brand clothing — really, no). But I think even the most “rebel” outfits need to be put together with style, and really, you fail at doing that. It’s not about going out looking like a clown and just believing it’s so cool because you “don’t follow trends”.

Please! A plushy tied to your head will always look stupid – no matter how ruprurist you think it makes you. It’s not gothic, nor japanese inspired, whatever you think it is. It’s just plain ridiculous.

Yes, I realize I’m nobody to tell you what to do, but I also must say you really should stop giving elaborated names to your makeup when it’s painfully obvious you don’t know how to apply it at all. I mean, that messy eyeshadow just looks like you rubbed a piece of coal over your eyes.

You just don’t pull it off right.

• Posted January 2, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

It’s ridiculous, absolutely! DJ Sisen hangs stuffed toys in his cyber dreads, next to a neon green barrette shaped like a penis. Dance Macabre and others who participate in Tokyo Decadance always look like they ransacked a clown’s closet. Ah, it’s New Year’s – I’ll go all out. ^__~

Thanks for reading,

• Posted January 3, 2009 at 12:58 am | Permalink

jeez what climbed up ur ass and died?

p.s that’s to sybil

18. Posted January 2, 2009 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Sybil, amen!
    Just putting an outfit randomly together with some “kawaii” plush toys and “Japan” inspired material doesn’t make it work.
    It’s your style, I know. But you can dress properly and be known for that, or dress tacky/trashy and be mocked for that instead.

• Posted January 2, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

You forgot to mention that my lipstick is lopsided… I had two Scotches and two glasses of wine at that point… I couldn’t walk in a straight line, let alone apply eyeshadow evenly!

• Posted January 2, 2009 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

PS regarding vintage – in Canada, we call all of our secondhand shops “vintage shops.” The term is used more loosely here (and in some other parts of the world) than in the USA, where I see you’re from. I included the term because readers may not be familiar with Closet Child (which, as you know, only sells second clothing)… In any case, thanks for raising the point.

19. Posted January 2, 2009 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

happy new year lovely–

20. Posted January 2, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

jeez what climbed up ur ass and died?

p.s that's to sybil

21. Posted January 2, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

i always love u clothing and shoes etc…
    but ur make up do not looks good. ._.

22. Posted January 2, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

i LOVE this
    esp the stuffed Ugly Doll bat for a hat and kitty skull armband [:

23. Posted January 2, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

haha yeah, I had four drinks before applying makeup and basically smeared it on… ;)

24. Posted January 2, 2009 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

awww so gorgouse!!!!!!!!!!

hehe one of my new years reasultion is to learn tospeak+write japanese.

WSH ME LUCK!!!!!!! ^_^

25. Posted January 3, 2009 at 3:09 am | Permalink

i always love u clothing and shoes etc…
    but ur make up do not looks good. ._.

• Posted January 3, 2009 at 3:09 am | Permalink

• Posted January 3, 2009 at 6:22 am | Permalink

*lough*

so don’t drink before u made ur make up honey!!! XD

26. Posted January 3, 2009 at 3:09 am | Permalink

i LOVE this
    esp the stuffed Ugly Doll bat for a hat and kitty skull armband [:

27. Posted January 2, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Thats so adorable
    I love the idea of a stuffed animal on your head
    I wonder what that would look like with lolita

<333

28. Posted January 2, 2009 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

*lough*

so don't drink before u made ur make up honey!!! XD

29. Posted January 2, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

Ahhhh I need to do the same… let's both work on that! :)

30. Posted January 3, 2009 at 4:48 am | Permalink

awww so gorgouse!!!!!!!!!!

hehe one of my new years reasultion is to learn tospeak+write japanese.

WSH ME LUCK!!!!!!! ^_^

• Posted January 3, 2009 at 6:24 am | Permalink

Ahhhh I need to do the same… let’s both work on that! :)

31. Posted January 3, 2009 at 6:21 am | Permalink

Thats so adorable
    I love the idea of a stuffed animal on your head
    I wonder what that would look like with lolita

<333

32. Posted January 3, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

I love the bracelet

33. Posted January 4, 2009 at 5:08 am | Permalink

I love the bracelet

34. Posted January 7, 2009 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

Hello! I love Malice Mizer, too and I love the Styling from Mana and Mio dix Mois- but your look is also wonderful- dix Hug, Violett

35. Posted January 8, 2009 at 5:20 am | Permalink

36. Posted February 1, 2009 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Nice post. Have bookmarked your blog and will be sure to come back soon!

37. Posted February 1, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Nice post. Have bookmarked your blog and will be sure to come back soon!

38. Posted February 1, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Nice post. Have bookmarked your blog and will be sure to come back soon!