MODERN GEISHA MAKEUP: WILD FAKE EYELASHES FROM CUBERRY, BRIGHT RED LIPSTICK.

Cuberry makeup, compact powders, eyeshadows, brushes next to Scottish Fold cat's paws, big sideways short furry feet.

Another package arrived in the post, but this time, it wasn’t for the sideways-pawed cat. Cuberry, an up-and-coming makeup company, sent me a sampling of products. I decided to give them a whirl – with a little help from a rubber fish (from Tokyu Hands).

Geisha Japanese girl makeup, red eyelashes and bright red lipstick on cute Asian girl. Cuberry makeup, Tokyo style.

Yesterday’s Kimono Hime scans inspired this Wa-meets-modern look. I started with SuperPrime mineral primer over my eyelids; then, I used a fine brush from the Signature Set to apply Pink Bikini mineral pigment on my lash line. The lower lash has a light coating of black Espresso Creme. For shimmer, I put on a top coat of Naked Peaches.

Finally, I attached Cuberry’s magnificent Attack fake red eyelashes. All of the eyelashes are made by hand and can last up to 30 uses, so I found them to be sturdier than the norm. Quite a steal, at only $4.50! Finally, I smeared on bright red lipstick from SaSa in Hong Kong.

Japanese nail art and fake eyelashes. Geisha Japanese girl makeup, red eyelashes and bright red lipstick on cute Asian girl. Fake plastic fish on head

It’s a striking look: minimal makeup with neon lips and lashes. I painted my nails to match and added white crucifixes. And before you ask – yes, my cat and I are naturally this pale and goofy.

Cutest cat, Scottish Fold kitten. Fat yellow Garfield cat, round furry fat cat. Cute plush cat, foldy ears

I’ve only begun to experiment with Cuberry’s products – more photos coming in the next few days – but already, I’m pleased. The minerals go on smoothly and aren’t the least bit irritating, and many of the products are vegan. Reasonable prices and animal-friendly gets Basil Farrow’s pawprint of approval! What type of makeup looks should I attempt next?

Song of the Day #36: Kagrra – Uzu

Filed Under Fashion, How-Tos

1. Posted January 28, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

You look gorgeous! I sent you a package, it should arrive soon. I'll email you with more details about what I sent! :)

2. Posted January 29, 2009 at 12:44 am | Permalink

You look gorgeous! I sent you a package, it should arrive soon. I’ll email you with more details about what I sent! :)

3. Posted January 28, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

Classy! I like this look.

4. Posted January 28, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

Oh gosh, I'm sorry–I thought you had put on makeup to make your face look pale in the first pick. /facepalm
    But, I'm that pale myself…

The makeup looks nice on you! Cuberry seems interesting, though it doesn't look like they have much on their site at the moment.

Basil is so cute! He looks very soft and squishy.

5. Posted January 28, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

Ahaha no apologies – that's the ultimate Goth compliment! I did bump up the camera exposure a little… but no adjusting of levels in Photoshop ;)

Basil is extremely squishy! ^__^ He waves his tail hello.

6. Posted January 29, 2009 at 12:41 am | Permalink

The nail polish on the nail of your thumb looks like the Danish flag! :D

It's an awesome look, minimal make-up but with very vivid colours.

7. Posted January 29, 2009 at 5:52 am | Permalink

Classy! I like this look.

8. Posted January 29, 2009 at 6:34 am | Permalink

Oh gosh, I’m sorry–I thought you had put on makeup to make your face look pale in the first pick. /facepalm
    But, I’m that pale myself…

The makeup looks nice on you! Cuberry seems interesting, though it doesn’t look like they have much on their site at the moment.

Basil is so cute! He looks very soft and squishy.

• Posted January 29, 2009 at 6:40 am | Permalink

Ahaha no apologies – that’s the ultimate Goth compliment! I did bump up the camera exposure a little… but no adjusting of levels in Photoshop ;)

Basil is extremely squishy! ^__^ He waves his tail hello.

9. Posted January 29, 2009 at 8:41 am | Permalink

The nail polish on the nail of your thumb looks like the Danish flag! :D

It’s an awesome look, minimal make-up but with very vivid colours.

10. Posted January 29, 2009 at 9:41 am | Permalink

The cat is sooo cute :)

11. Posted January 29, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Happy Chinese New Year!

Yik

12. Posted January 29, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

wow nice eyelashes O.o I want to hug Basil !! x3 ♥

13. Posted January 29, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

I usually play up the eyes, so it was fun to do this for a change!

14. Posted January 29, 2009 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

The cat is sooo cute :)

15. Posted January 29, 2009 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

I’d do this look myself actually. normally my eyes get the focus, I’m not big on lots of makeup. but this I like

• Posted January 29, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

I usually play up the eyes, so it was fun to do this for a change!

16. Posted January 29, 2009 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Happy Chinese New Year!

Yik

17. Posted January 29, 2009 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

wow nice eyelashes O.o I want to hug Basil !! x3 ♥

• Posted January 29, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

He’s so huggable :)

18. Posted January 29, 2009 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

looks like~.
    似合う~。

19. Posted January 29, 2009 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

I can,t wait to see you wearing Aromaleigh…Sent you lots of eye, lip and foundations

20. Posted January 30, 2009 at 2:04 am | Permalink

21. Posted February 4, 2009 at 8:37 am | Permalink

umm…hi..ive been following ur blog n find it quite interesting ^^
    although i would like to tell you that kimono n yukata..
    you should wear it left over right..
    um..cause..right over left is for dead people =)

22. Posted February 4, 2009 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Hahah! I guess that's my Gothic contribution to the look! :)

Thanks for reading!

23. Posted February 4, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

umm…hi..ive been following ur blog n find it quite interesting ^^
    although i would like to tell you that kimono n yukata..
    you should wear it left over right..
    um..cause..right over left is for dead people =)

• Posted February 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

Hahah! I guess that’s my Gothic contribution to the look! :)

Thanks for reading!

• Posted February 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

Hahah! I guess that’s my Gothic contribution to the look! :)

Thanks for reading!

24. Posted February 4, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

umm…hi..ive been following ur blog n find it quite interesting ^^
    although i would like to tell you that kimono n yukata..
    you should wear it left over right..
    um..cause..right over left is for dead people =)

25. Posted February 4, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

umm…hi..ive been following ur blog n find it quite interesting ^^
    although i would like to tell you that kimono n yukata..
    you should wear it left over right..
    um..cause..right over left is for dead people =)

26. Posted February 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

Hahah! I guess that's my Gothic contribution to the look! :)

Thanks for reading!