MARUI ONE RE-OPENING, CRASH HELLO KITTY COLLABORATION AND YOSUKE SHOES.

Marui One Shinjuku re-opening of department store, Crash Hello Kitty clothing line.

MaruiOne, the Shinjuku mecca of Goth Loli Punk fashion, closed its doors to get a little face-lift. The department store re-opened to great acclaim on February 20th, and the website also got a makeover; the design is different and more products are now available. Kawaii and Sanrio-mania continues with the Crash Hello Kitty collaboration, produced by Masato Ochi. Personally, I’m not too excited about this clothing line, which mostly consists of casualwear.

Goth boots, Gothic Lolita shoes by Leche by Yosuke from Tokyo department store. Buy alternative punk emo shoes, shopping.

I did notice that Marui now sells Yosuke shoes. Some of you asked about the Leche by Yosuke shoes I wore in my Valentine’s Day post. Well, you can buy them online for around $90 (shown above in white). Marui ships internationally, and the prices for Yosuke footwear are insanely good for the quality ($50-150).

Engineer boots, Gothic Lolita footwear and shoes from Shinjuku, Tokyo. Japanese fashion, shopping and sales.

Engineer boots were all over the Marui Individual Expo runway. I’d love to get my paws on these ones, which have a loose fit, well-worn look, and reinforced steel toe for defense against ninjas. Yosuke also offers unisex footwear with thick rubber soles, dainty pumps, and much more here.

Here’s another incentive to place an order – Marui is offering 10% off from March 12 to 18. All you need to do is register here.

Have you been to the newly-renovated MaruiOne?

Song of the Day #64: The Cure – Lovesong (possibly my favorite Cure track)

1. Posted March 8, 2009 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Did you know the MAC Makeup line has Hello Kitty makeup now

<333

2. Posted March 8, 2009 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

Well, I've been thinking about how to replace my Clarks granny boots when they finally die beyond the help of shoe repair, and those Yosuke boots you have may do the trick. Thanks for the tip. ♥

3. Posted March 8, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

What do you think of the collaboration? I did a post on it here – https://www.lacarmina.com/blog/2009/02/hello-kit

4. Posted March 8, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Lol sorry I didnt see your post about the makeup

And as for the collaboration, Im not too crazy about the clothes.

Their like too plain <333

5. Posted March 8, 2009 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

**cries** T-T!

6. Posted March 8, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

I like some of the Yosuke shoes, but I don't have anything that they would go with. Plus, the shipping is pricey….

I haven't been to the new Marui yet, but hopefully I will be able to visit when I go in May!

Does marui have sales often?

7. Posted March 8, 2009 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

This is one of the first online sales I've seen (probably to tie into the re-opening). The website always offers sales items, however. Exciting that you'll be visiting soon!

8. Posted March 8, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Permalink

Did you know the MAC Makeup line has Hello Kitty makeup now

<333

9. Posted March 8, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

Well, I’ve been thinking about how to replace my Clarks granny boots when they finally die beyond the help of shoe repair, and those Yosuke boots you have may do the trick. Thanks for the tip. ♥

10. Posted March 8, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

**cries** T-T!

11. Posted March 8, 2009 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

I like some of the Yosuke shoes, but I don’t have anything that they would go with. Plus, the shipping is pricey….

I haven’t been to the new Marui yet, but hopefully I will be able to visit when I go in May!

Does marui have sales often?

• Posted March 8, 2009 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

This is one of the first online sales I’ve seen (probably to tie into the re-opening). The website always offers sales items, however. Exciting that you’ll be visiting soon!

12. Posted March 9, 2009 at 12:21 am | Permalink

I'm going to Japan on Friday, I'll be sure to check it out!

13. Posted March 9, 2009 at 12:24 am | Permalink

Really? Lucky!! Let me know where you visit and how your trip goes!

14. Posted March 9, 2009 at 12:59 am | Permalink

And I'm going back on Monday – can't wait to see the new Marui One!!

15. Posted March 9, 2009 at 7:21 am | Permalink

I’m going to Japan on Friday, I’ll be sure to check it out!

• Posted March 9, 2009 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Really? Lucky!! Let me know where you visit and how your trip goes!

• Posted March 9, 2009 at 7:59 am | Permalink

And I’m going back on Monday – can’t wait to see the new Marui One!!

16. Posted March 9, 2009 at 2:35 am | Permalink

i went into mac the day the range came out and bought 3 items…its the same stuff really but it's hello kitty! im such a sucker for packaging! I in regards to the clothes….this t-shirt says 'kat hello kitty' http://maruione.jp/cn/ru-jeans-crash-hello-kitt
    now how can i *not* buy this!? Damn you and your forcing me to shop hehe

17. Posted March 9, 2009 at 9:35 am | Permalink

i went into mac the day the range came out and bought 3 items…its the same stuff really but it’s hello kitty! im such a sucker for packaging! I in regards to the clothes….this t-shirt says ‘kat hello kitty’ http://maruione.jp/cn/ru-jeans-crash-hello-kitty-print-t-white-p-4661.html?cPath=319
    now how can i *not* buy this!? Damn you and your forcing me to shop hehe

18. Posted March 9, 2009 at 10:35 am | Permalink

beautifullll

19. Posted March 9, 2009 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

beautifullll

20. Posted March 9, 2009 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Did you know the MAC Makeup line has Hello Kitty makeup now

21. Posted March 9, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

love these boots

22. Posted March 9, 2009 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

Did you know the MAC Makeup line has Hello Kitty makeup now

23. Posted March 9, 2009 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

love these boots

24. Posted March 9, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

What do you think of it? I did a post about it here – https://www.lacarmina.com/blog/2009/02/hello-kit

25. Posted March 9, 2009 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

Maruione's website tended to have sales frequently, especially right after New Years where I think they were trying to sell off leftover stock – a couple of the Yosuke boots were on sale at a very good price after like a second discounting (and still are, I think).

I bought a pair of their black canvas sneaker-boots (it got discounted AGAIN after I bought it, durr) back in December, and the quality is stunning. You'd pay out to Converse something like 140$+ US out of the nose for similar-height sneakerboots and they'd start showing wear after a couple months (the rubber side-sole lining they use is awful), but the Yosuke boots are really, really well constructed – I honestly beat the crap out of my footwear, and these canvassy things have held up gorgeously. The rubber they use is like tyre rubber – bloody tough, and both glued AND stitched in, which is workmanship you just don't see with niche footwear these days.

26. Posted March 10, 2009 at 5:58 am | Permalink

Maruione’s website tended to have sales frequently, especially right after New Years where I think they were trying to sell off leftover stock – a couple of the Yosuke boots were on sale at a very good price after like a second discounting (and still are, I think).

I bought a pair of their black canvas sneaker-boots (it got discounted AGAIN after I bought it, durr) back in December, and the quality is stunning. You’d pay out to Converse something like 140$+ US out of the nose for similar-height sneakerboots and they’d start showing wear after a couple months (the rubber side-sole lining they use is awful), but the Yosuke boots are really, really well constructed – I honestly beat the crap out of my footwear, and these canvassy things have held up gorgeously. The rubber they use is like tyre rubber – bloody tough, and both glued AND stitched in, which is workmanship you just don’t see with niche footwear these days.

• Posted March 10, 2009 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

I agree 100%. I get attacked by a lot of ninjas (okay, go out to club nights and walk around a fair amount) so my shoes get worn out fast – but not my Yosukes! They’re also quite comfortable; I can wear them without socks.

27. Posted March 10, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

CrashKitty smells like Wal Mart and Old Navy to me. not my thing. but those shoes! especially the Leche are wow lol

28. Posted March 10, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

I agree 100%. I get attacked by a lot of ninjas (okay, go out to club nights and walk around a fair amount) so my shoes get worn out fast – but not my Yosukes! They're also quite comfortable; I can wear them without socks.

29. Posted March 10, 2009 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

30. Posted March 16, 2009 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

It is really rare for me to say this, but I LOVE those Yosuke shoes. I went to the website and clicked through – there were half-a-dozen styles that I thought were great. Too bad they don't come in my size. Does Yosuke come in men's sizes?

31. Posted March 16, 2009 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Hmm I think they only come in women's sizes… I wear US women's 6.5 or 7, and my Yosukes are a perfect-fitting 23.5. It's possible that the engineer boots and other looser-fit styles might fit you (in the larger sizes)…

32. Posted March 16, 2009 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

It is really rare for me to say this, but I LOVE those Yosuke shoes. I went to the website and clicked through – there were half-a-dozen styles that I thought were great. Too bad they don’t come in my size. Does Yosuke come in men’s sizes?

• Posted March 17, 2009 at 1:08 am | Permalink

Hmm I think they only come in women’s sizes… I wear US women’s 6.5 or 7, and my Yosukes are a perfect-fitting 23.5. It’s possible that the engineer boots and other looser-fit styles might fit you (in the larger sizes)…

33. Posted April 22, 2009 at 12:33 am | Permalink