THE BIG NEWS: LA CARMINA TO CO-HOST TOKYO EPISODE OF ANDREW ZIMMERN’S BIZARRE WORLD TV SHOW ON TRAVEL CHANNEL!

Andrew Zimmern Bizarre World show on Travel Channel, Bizarre Foods, Travel TV show Tokyo, subcultures, eating grossest weirdest food in the world, Anthony Bourdain, Japanese cute girl in maid outfit costume cosplay.

So… I’ve been hinting at an out-of-this-world announcement, and I wasn’t pulling your leg. It’s such a doozy that I can’t believe it’s happening… but it is.

In October, I’m being flown to Tokyo… to be a guide and co-host for several outrageous segments… of Andrew Zimmern’s TV show on Travel Channel, Bizarre World!

Andrew Zimmern Bizarre World show on Travel Channel, Bizarre Foods, Travel TV show Tokyo, subcultures, eating grossest weirdest food in the world, Anthony Bourdain, cute Japanese Goth girls, cyber goth fashion Harajuku style.

It’s no secret that I’m a Travel Channel fanatic (remember our Goth recreation of Anthony Bourdain’s Tokyo episode?). Andrew Zimmern has one of the channel’s most popular programs, Bizarre Foods, in which he roams the globe to gulp down eyeballs and other strange meals. His new show, Bizarre World, is even cooler — because Andrew explores weird subcultures and cultural oddities in addition to food.

So how amazing is that I — and more importantly, my spooky friends (above) — get to be part of the action?

I can’t reveal everything we’ve planned… but will it involve decadent dress, cyber/Goth/fetish nightcrawling, takeovers of wild theme restaurants (like in my book), and feasting on the parts of a certain large beast? Ohhhhh yes!

If you want a preview of our ghoulish cross-dressing antics, you can watch our Death Cookbook, Mad Hatter, Midnight Mess, and Wizard of the Opera videos on my YouTube channel. Travel Channel was charmed by my book, Crazy Wacky Theme Restaurants (none of this would have occurred if my publicist didn’t send them a copy — thank you!). It would be great if you could add my book to your wish-list, and I think you will enjoy the cute maid cafe photos too.

Life is insane right now… right after the Travel Channel adventure, I’m off to book signings and media appearances in several US cities (I will announce locations and dates soon). I hope to see you there — and I will dutifully report on all the Tokyo madness, promise. Thank you for all your support — without it, none of this would have been possible!

Song of the Day #205: Fukuda Saki – Goodbye My Love (a classic, gorgeous song — must listen.)

1. Posted September 23, 2009 at 2:36 am | Permalink

eek that is SOO exciting! go you – you deserve it! i hope we can all watch it online. well done i a soo happy for you

2. Posted September 23, 2009 at 9:36 am | Permalink

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

I will make certain that at least my segments will be online… :D

Tomorrow I’ll be sure to blog about your contest too!

3. Posted September 23, 2009 at 7:18 am | Permalink

That is SO COOL! GO FOR IT :D if there's ever a link for this episode, link it on :D im sure everyone would love to see it! so excited :D oh and i recently created my 5th blog (yes, you wonder how many do i need) and i linked you there. http://euniceyin.blogspot.com/

4. Posted September 23, 2009 at 8:10 am | Permalink

Omgggg~ that is awesome!! :o

5. Posted September 23, 2009 at 8:46 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you, good job! <3 You must be flipping out, huh?

6. Posted September 23, 2009 at 9:00 am | Permalink

Wowww that's awesome! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the episode! :)

7. Posted September 23, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

That is SO COOL! GO FOR IT :D if there’s ever a link for this episode, link it on :D im sure everyone would love to see it! so excited :D oh and i recently created my 5th blog (yes, you wonder how many do i need) and i linked you there. http://euniceyin.blogspot.com/

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Definitely, I will get a link up! And thanks for mentioning me in your new blog — I’m flattered :3

8. Posted September 23, 2009 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Congratulations! You so deserve it and it sounds like a great time!

9. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:07 am | Permalink

holy shit this is amazing! Congrats!!!

10. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:07 am | Permalink

I'll definitely make sure to catch the episode! Congrats on getting to be a part of the show! <3

11. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Is that for real! That's amazing and I am so insanely jealous. When is it gonna air? Do you have a plan for what you're gonna do?

AMAZING!!!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU.

12. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:07 am | Permalink

AMAZING!!!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU.

13. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:08 am | Permalink

woow

14. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:08 am | Permalink

woow

15. Posted September 23, 2009 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Omgggg~ that is awesome!! :o

16. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:16 am | Permalink

OMGOSH!! CONGRATULATIONS!!…Bizarre World (and foods) are both awesome shows!! I cant wait to see the episode!!..Its going to be tons of fun for you both..and for us to watch..and I like the last pic..its kind of funny..lol

Again, congrats!!

17. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:16 am | Permalink

OMGOMGOMG >_< I wanna watch the Travel channel now!! When does this come on? Or has it already come on? I wanna see it lol

18. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:16 am | Permalink

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I love Andrew Zimmern!!! I love both his shows! And I love you! This is gonna be so awesome!!! I can't wait!!!! I wanna see it so bad! Congrats!!!!!!!

19. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Duuuude XD I love this show! Congrats~~ really looking forward to it :D

20. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:17 am | Permalink

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that is SO awsome!, I've seen all the “Bizarre Food” episodes & been watching the “Bizarre world”!
    I can't wait 2 see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yet another thing 2 make me wish it were october! lol
    congratulations ^-^

21. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:17 am | Permalink

nhamnhammmmm delicioussssssssss

22. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:45 am | Permalink

I will make certain that at least my segments will be online… :D

Tomorrow I'll be sure to blog about your contest too!

23. Posted September 23, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness! I’m so excited for you, good job! <3 You must be flipping out, huh?

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Slightly… hahaha more so because of the planning. So many things get changed around! ><
      I knew about this opportunity for maybe half a month, but I couldn't say anything until it was set in stone :)

24. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Definitely, I will get a link up! And thanks for mentioning me in your new blog — I'm flattered :3

25. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:47 am | Permalink

26. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:48 am | Permalink

Thanks!! I'm perhaps mostly excited to be back in Tokyo to chill with my friends… This opportunity took me completely by surprise.

27. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:48 am | Permalink

28. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Andrew is such a great host. Can't wait to show him around Tokyo-Rococo!

29. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Hahahah the show itself, Bizarre World, is on the air now. But I haven't even left for Tokyo! ;)

Travel Channel is the best channel out there and I'm not just saying that… Bourdain FTW!

30. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:50 am | Permalink

<3 <3
    I'll be sure to link to a video of the show. Thank you for your congrats!

31. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:51 am | Permalink

I'm so glad to hear many of you love the show. It's hard to find quality programming these days — I wouldn't want to be part of some cheesy reality TV show — so I am very thankful for this chance!

32. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Oooh, you have? Any advice, since you are a show expert? ;)

33. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:52 am | Permalink

omg omg omg! I know how much u love him! Congratz! Sooo happy for u! Your gonna make for one awsome episode!!!
    16 minutes ago from txt

34. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:53 am | Permalink

WOW! This is excellent! Very very happy for you!

35. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:53 am | Permalink

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW THAT'S SO AWESOMEEEE!!!!!! OMGGGG XDDDDDDDDDD おめでとう!!I'm SO gonna watch it ˆ-ˆ

36. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Congrats Carmina! Hope someone posts your episode(s) on YouTube! :-)

37. Posted September 23, 2009 at 10:54 am | Permalink

that's AWESOME. Congrats on the host gig Carmen!

38. Posted September 23, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Wowww that’s awesome! Congratulations! Can’t wait to see the episode! :)

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

Thanks!! I’m perhaps mostly excited to be back in Tokyo to chill with my friends… This opportunity took me completely by surprise.

39. Posted September 23, 2009 at 11:05 am | Permalink

jealous!
    i'm not – can i go? lol

40. Posted September 23, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Congratulations! You so deserve it and it sounds like a great time!

41. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

holy shit this is amazing! Congrats!!!

42. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

I’ll definitely make sure to catch the episode! Congrats on getting to be a part of the show! <3

43. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Is that for real! That’s amazing and I am so insanely jealous. When is it gonna air? Do you have a plan for what you’re gonna do?

AMAZING!!!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU.

44. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

AMAZING!!!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU.

45. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

woow

46. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

woow

47. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Again, congrats!!

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

Andrew is such a great host. Can’t wait to show him around Tokyo-Rococo!

48. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

Hahahah the show itself, Bizarre World, is on the air now. But I haven’t even left for Tokyo! ;)

Travel Channel is the best channel out there and I’m not just saying that… Bourdain FTW!

49. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I love Andrew Zimmern!!! I love both his shows! And I love you! This is gonna be so awesome!!! I can’t wait!!!! I wanna see it so bad! Congrats!!!!!!!

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

<3 <3
      I'll be sure to link to a video of the show. Thank you for your congrats!

50. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Duuuude XD I love this show! Congrats~~ really looking forward to it :D

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

I’m so glad to hear many of you love the show. It’s hard to find quality programming these days — I wouldn’t want to be part of some cheesy reality TV show — so I am very thankful for this chance!

51. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that is SO awsome!, I’ve seen all the “Bizarre Food” episodes & been watching the “Bizarre world”!
    I can’t wait 2 see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yet another thing 2 make me wish it were october! lol
    congratulations ^-^

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Oooh, you have? Any advice, since you are a show expert? ;)

• Posted September 26, 2009 at 1:22 am | Permalink

haha, I’m not so good at the whole advice thing! I wouldn’t say I’m an expert. but that show is so unique amidst all the cooking & travel shows out there! as are u! u are very unique & amazing & I’m sure u’ll do great! I’m sure It’ll be one of my fav. episodes yet ^-^ good luck

52. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

nhamnhammmmm delicioussssssssss

53. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

16 minutes ago from txt

54. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

WOW! This is excellent! Very very happy for you!

55. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW THAT’S SO AWESOMEEEE!!!!!! OMGGGG XDDDDDDDDDD おめでとう!!I’m SO gonna watch it ˆ-ˆ

56. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Congrats Carmina! Hope someone posts your episode(s) on YouTube! :-)

57. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

that’s AWESOME. Congrats on the host gig Carmen!

58. Posted September 23, 2009 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

jealous!
    i’m not – can i go? lol

59. Posted September 23, 2009 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

that is awesome!
    congrats!

60. Posted September 23, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

OHMYGOOOOOOOOSH! That's so freaking awesome!!!!!! I'll definitely watch this!!!!! *first time I'll have watched TV in two months* GO LA CARMINA!!!!!!!!!!

61. Posted September 23, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!! I will definitely tune in more frequenly to the travel channel ^-^
    Visit Utah if you can!

62. Posted September 23, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

that is awesome!
    congrats!

63. Posted September 23, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

I <3 Andrew Zimmern! A friend of mine got me into his show when I was in college (we're the same age, do the math ^^) and since I started teaching I'd watch his show all summer (ahh summer repeats, new to me!). That's absolutely amazing! I hope he's as fun as he seems, I will defiantly look forward to that episode!

64. Posted September 23, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

65. Posted September 23, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Wow, congratulations!

I cannot wait until it airs on t.v.

66. Posted September 23, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Thank you sweetheart! I love your photos.

67. Posted September 23, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

He is amazing — super enthusiastic and full of great ideas. I look forward to meeting him!

68. Posted September 23, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

OHMYGOOOOOOOOSH! That’s so freaking awesome!!!!!! I’ll definitely watch this!!!!! *first time I’ll have watched TV in two months* GO LA CARMINA!!!!!!!!!!

69. Posted September 23, 2009 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Visit Utah if you can!

70. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

Awh this is great news! I'm so happy fo you~

71. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to the experience.

72. Posted September 23, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

IM DEFINITELY WATCHING THIS! :D cant WAIT!

73. Posted September 23, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

74. Posted September 23, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

Wow, congratulations!

I cannot wait until it airs on t.v.

• Posted September 23, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Thank you sweetheart! I love your photos.

75. Posted September 23, 2009 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

AWESOME!

76. Posted September 24, 2009 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Awh this is great news! I’m so happy fo you~

• Posted September 24, 2009 at 12:14 am | Permalink

Thanks everyone! I’m looking forward to the experience.

77. Posted September 23, 2009 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Fantastic.

78. Posted September 23, 2009 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Greg! ^_^

79. Posted September 23, 2009 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Hahah I have so much to do before I go… but I also can't wait!

80. Posted September 24, 2009 at 12:37 am | Permalink

IM DEFINITELY WATCHING THIS! :D cant WAIT!

• Posted September 24, 2009 at 2:29 am | Permalink

Hahah I have so much to do before I go… but I also can’t wait!

81. Posted September 23, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

congrats on the co-hosting with Andrew Zimmerns! :)

82. Posted September 24, 2009 at 1:41 am | Permalink

AWESOME!

83. Posted September 24, 2009 at 2:29 am | Permalink

Fantastic.

• Posted September 24, 2009 at 2:29 am | Permalink

Thanks, Greg! ^_^

84. Posted September 24, 2009 at 3:24 am | Permalink

congrats on the co-hosting with Andrew Zimmerns! :)

85. Posted September 23, 2009 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

wow this is absolute wonderful news! i cant wait to watch it. congratulations!

86. Posted September 24, 2009 at 6:01 am | Permalink

wow this is absolute wonderful news! i cant wait to watch it. congratulations!

87. Posted September 24, 2009 at 9:58 am | Permalink

That is amazing – can't wait to watch the episode!

88. Posted September 24, 2009 at 11:26 am | Permalink

OMG THATS SO AWESOME!!!!
    I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT
    :D
    Carmina your amazzinggg!!

<333

89. Posted September 24, 2009 at 11:38 am | Permalink

<3 <3 You are!!

90. Posted September 24, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

That is amazing – can’t wait to watch the episode!

91. Posted September 24, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

AWESOME NEWS!!!! wowdy wow wow wow. you're definitely going places Carmen.

92. Posted September 24, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

OMG THATS SO AWESOME!!!!
    I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT
    :D
    Carmina your amazzinggg!!

<333

• Posted September 24, 2009 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

<3 <3 You are!!

93. Posted September 24, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

AWESOME NEWS!!!! wowdy wow wow wow. you’re definitely going places Carmen.

94. Posted September 24, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

OMG Hellz Yesss! Congratulations girl!!! I LOVE Andrew Zimmern's show ^__^ Especially that episode in the Philippines of him eating the grub.

Can't wait to watch your episode with him!!!

95. Posted September 24, 2009 at 11:53 pm | Permalink

OMG Hellz Yesss! Congratulations girl!!! I LOVE Andrew Zimmern’s show ^__^ Especially that episode in the Philippines of him eating the grub.

Can’t wait to watch your episode with him!!!

• Posted September 26, 2009 at 1:26 am | Permalink

There will be some strange foods in this show… ahhhh!

96. Posted September 24, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

AH! That's so exciting! I'm psyched for you you will have so much fuuuun!
    Yay!

97. Posted September 25, 2009 at 6:20 am | Permalink

AH! That’s so exciting! I’m psyched for you you will have so much fuuuun!
    Yay!

• Posted September 26, 2009 at 1:25 am | Permalink

It’s a little bit stressful (the planning) but you’re right, it will be fun!

98. Posted September 25, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

haha, I'm not so good at the whole advice thing! I wouldn't say I'm an expert. but that show is so unique amidst all the cooking & travel shows out there! as are u! u are very unique & amazing & I'm sure u'll do great! I'm sure It'll be one of my fav. episodes yet ^-^ good luck

99. Posted September 25, 2009 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

It's a little bit stressful (the planning) but you're right, it will be fun!

100. Posted September 25, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

There will be some strange foods in this show… ahhhh!

101. Posted November 27, 2009 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Congrats darling! Do you know if it's Aired already or When it will? Im super Excited to See it! btw <3 your Blogg!

102. Posted November 28, 2009 at 4:09 am | Permalink

Congrats darling! Do you know if it’s Aired already or When it will? Im super Excited to See it! btw <3 your Blogg!

• Posted November 29, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

thank you so much, darling!! The show will air this April — keep checking my site or signing op for the mailing list (right sidebar of this blog) to find out exactly when!

103. Posted November 29, 2009 at 1:31 pm | Permalink