Does the name “Daikanyama” ring a bell? A one-stop subway ride from Shibuya, this ritzy Tokyo shopping district is home to the first Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (immortalized in the novel Kamikaze Girls).

Daikanyama’s clothing boutiques aren’t my cup of tea — too pricey and Park Avenue. But I enjoyed poking my head into the designer doll shop, Junie Moon.

JUNIE MOON, BLYTHE DOLL SHOP IN DAIKANYAMA, TOKYO. JAPANESE NAIL ART, CRAZY NAIL DESIGNS, CUSTOM BJD DOLLS. Blythe, Jeffrey Fulvimari, Junie Moon character goods, DOLL CLOTHES, Neo Blythe, Petite Blythe, dress sets, stationery, books ブライス公式サイト , dal, misaki, pullip, licca, blythe custom, collector items, rare dolls, ball jointed dolls, tokyo shops for dolls

I confess I’m not a doll person; however, I appreciated the sweet designs and dress sets. In addition to Junie Moon, this store stocks Neo Blythe / Petite Blythe stationery and character goods.

The girly window display.

A huge assortment of doll accessories… and these things aren’t cheap.

JUNIE MOON, BLYTHE DOLL SHOP IN DAIKANYAMA, TOKYO. JAPANESE NAIL ART, CRAZY NAIL DESIGNS, CUSTOM BJD DOLLS. JUNIE MOON, BLYTHE DOLL SHOP IN DAIKANYAMA, JAPAN. BIG-EYED JAPANESE DOLLS, BJD, ACCESSORIES & CHARACTER GOODS. Blythe, Jeffrey Fulvimari, Junie Moon character goods, DOLL CLOTHES, Neo Blythe, Petite Blythe, dress sets, stationery, books ブライス公式サイト , dal, misaki, pullip, licca, blythe custom, collector items, rare dolls, ball jointed dolls, tokyo shops for dolls

The pink and black Gothic Lolita doll was one of my favorites. Skirt too short? Not by my books.

Big eyes and oversized heads are always a draw in Japan.

JUNIE MOON, BLYTHE DOLL SHOP IN DAIKANYAMA, TOKYO. JAPANESE NAIL ART, CRAZY NAIL DESIGNS, CUSTOM BJD DOLLS. CHARACTER GOODS. Blythe, Jeffrey Fulvimari, Junie Moon character goods, DOLL CLOTHES, Neo Blythe, Petite Blythe, dress sets, stationery, books ブライス公式サイト , dal, misaki, pullip, licca, blythe custom, collector items, rare dolls, ball jointed dolls, tokyo shops for dolls

Daikanyama Junie Moon: 4-3, 1F, Sarugaku-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo. Map.

There is also a shop on the 4th floor of Marui One Shinjuku (this is the exterior). For more photos and info of the Marui department store, visit my Tokyo shopping guide.

japanese nail art, nail polish designs, nailart inspiration, gyaru nails, decora nail polish art, fake nails tokyo, nail salons, sticker gems nails, JUNIE MOON, BLYTHE DOLL SHOP IN DAIKANYAMA, JAPAN. BIG-EYED JAPANESE DOLLS, BJD, ACCESSORIES & CHARACTER GOODS. Blythe, Jeffrey Fulvimari, Junie Moon character goods, DOLL CLOTHES, Neo Blythe, Petite Blythe, dress sets, stationery, books ブライス公式サイト , dal, misaki, pullip, licca, blythe custom, collector items, rare dolls, ball jointed dolls, tokyo shops for dolls

What else can you find at Marui (and all over Tokyo, for that matter?) Nail art!

japanese nail art, nail polish designs, CRAZY NAIL DESIGNS, nailart inspiration, gyaru nails, decora nail polish art, fake nails tokyo, nail salons, sticker gems nails, JUNIE MOON, BLYTHE DOLL SHOP IN DAIKANYAMA, JAPAN. BIG-EYED JAPANESE DOLLS, BJD, ACCESSORIES & CHARACTER GOODS. Blythe, Jeffrey Fulvimari, Junie Moon character goods, DOLL CLOTHES, Neo Blythe, Petite Blythe, dress sets, stationery, books ブライス公式サイト , dal, misaki, pullip, licca, blythe custom, collector items, rare dolls, ball jointed dolls, tokyo shops for dolls

Flamboyant, tricked-out, ultra-decorated nails have spread from Japan. Now, you’ll often spot Western celebrities with crazy nail designs.

japan fake nails, nail art competition, nail art contests, crazy weird nail art, nail polish designs, nailart inspiration, gyaru nails, decora nail polish art, fake nails tokyo, nail salons, sticker gems nails, JUNIE MOON, BLYTHE DOLL SHOP IN DAIKANYAMA, JAPAN. BIG-EYED JAPANESE DOLLS, BJD, ACCESSORIES & CHARACTER GOODS. Blythe, Jeffrey Fulvimari, Junie Moon character goods, DOLL CLOTHES, Neo Blythe, Petite Blythe, dress sets, stationery, books ブライス公式サイト , dal, misaki, pullip, licca, blythe custom, collector items, rare dolls, ball jointed dolls, tokyo shops for dolls

If you can’t afford a nail salon, or would rather DIY, you can pick up stickers, polish and fake nails from Odakaya. (This craft/design store is stupendous; see my store photos here and here.)

I’m sad that Halloween is over… had a riotous time in Mazatlan, Mexico. Photos of my costume to come!

PS: my Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern (Tokyo) episode aired again yesterday. On this page, you can watch all my TV hosting clips.

Are you fond of nail art? Designer dolls like Blythe and Junie Moon? If so, what draws you to them?

Song of the Day:

❤ Smiled at this post? Please give it a Like (below) ❤

1. Posted November 9, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

I love nail art! I wish I lived in Japan :(

• Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:25 am | Permalink

You can do nail art wherever you are!! It just takes creativity ;)

2. Posted November 9, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

ahhh the doll shops!! T^T

3. Posted November 9, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

Waaa I wanna go!

4. Posted November 9, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Can you buy those nails online anywhere? or something similar

• Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:26 am | Permalink

I think there are a lot of retailers online, esp from China, for supplies of all sorts!

5. Posted November 9, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Never been to Japan, but when I went to Taipei I bought tons of nail stickers since they’re so hard to find here, and so expensive. From the pictures they look more or less from the same brands.  It’s unfair Asian girls have such a big choice D:

• Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:27 am | Permalink

Oooh yes I bought lots of Halloween nail art stickers for $1 each!! I did my nails here: http://pose.com/p/71nb

• Posted November 10, 2012 at 9:25 am | Permalink

hi ADMIN. Im from VietNam. I like doll like BJD doll…do you have it in ur shop. i’ve just too see ur shop and someone there like BJD ,Can you help me show someone same same BJD clearly .because next week my friend will be come JAPAN and he help be to try find some where can find doll for me , If you can …contact me on facebook ! Doomo ARIGATO GOZAIMASU!

6. Posted November 9, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

I love it!!

7. Posted November 9, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

‎@.@ Yaaaaay!

8. Posted November 9, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

I want to buy tons of nail stickers since I can’t find the ones I like where I live. These dolls are really cute but I like Pullip or Dalh better than this kind of dolls. Their faces scare me…

• Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:28 am | Permalink

I’m a stuffed toy person myself… stuffed cats!

9. Posted November 9, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Permalink

not the first set of dolls but the second ones shown in the posters… they are breathe takingly gorgeous. I was reading a fanfic and the author based her character clothes on them and posted a link to show, ended up browsing the online store in awe

• Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:28 am | Permalink

Yes there’s a whole world! Volks, Pullips, dollfies..

10. Posted November 9, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

I used to have my real nails very long (just under 1cm longer than my fingers), file them into points and paint very fancy designs on them (my favourite was painting the tips silver, the body black, and then painting on metallic planets and using midnight glitter for stars) but I do conservation work outdoors now, and they’d get ruined very quickly! My favourite fake nails at the moment aren’t really “fancy” – they’re a plain colour – but they look like I have real metal nails, which I find very cyber-goth :)

• Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:28 am | Permalink

Very cool!! Planets and stars – amazing!

11. Posted November 10, 2011 at 12:01 am | Permalink

So pretty

12. Posted November 10, 2011 at 1:46 am | Permalink

Where is the bed/scratcher like Basil has?

13. Posted November 10, 2011 at 2:56 am | Permalink

Oh yeah, I’ve been to this place couple of times.  They seem to have a wider range of stuff now, going by this report.

• Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:31 am | Permalink

nice!! It was my first time there.

14. Posted November 10, 2011 at 3:50 am | Permalink

I have warped taste when it comes to dolls. I very much prefer the dolls with much chiselled features over Blythe anytime, but I’d rather have Blythe accessories over others anytime!

• Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:31 am | Permalink

How about creepy dolls? haha

15. Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:04 am | Permalink

Jajajaj so cutee!! nwn

16. Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:04 am | Permalink

So cute!!!!:D ☆

17. Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:21 am | Permalink

love you!!!

18. Posted November 10, 2011 at 4:50 am | Permalink

the nail art stuff in tokyo is so much cooler than the ones here in america T__T’

19. Posted November 10, 2011 at 5:13 am | Permalink

as a collector of ball jointed dolls, i’m happy to see photos of doll shops in Japan u< I love nail art! There's such a large selection too, wow~
    Can't wait to see all the wonderful spookiness you got up to in Mexico!

• Posted November 12, 2011 at 12:53 am | Permalink

There is more nail art on the way… I think you’ll enjoy! :)

• Posted November 14, 2011 at 1:41 am | Permalink

I will totally! Need to pick up more tips on how to do my own nails.

20. Posted November 10, 2011 at 8:15 am | Permalink

Not a fan of dolls myself (I prefer lovely cute cats!!!), but I love the nail art!!! I’ll have to start buying online, as there usn’t much choice in London, UK – not as much as in Tokyo! I’d like my email address to be on “hotnail” rather than hotmail…! LOL

• Posted November 12, 2011 at 12:53 am | Permalink

Yes, CATS beat everything!

21. Posted November 10, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Blythe Dolls scare me, I think it’s the giant heads 0_o

22. Posted November 10, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

omg love it <3 <3 <3 <3

23. Posted November 10, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

I love this ! makes me want to go to Tokyo even more :D

• Posted November 12, 2011 at 12:54 am | Permalink

The subculture is amazing here.

24. Posted November 10, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

I love doing my nails! Mine are currently orange and pink sherbet colour!

25. Posted November 10, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Mine are grey with purple tips :D

26. Posted March 13, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

How can I buy these stickers online?

27. Posted July 19, 2012 at 3:04 am | Permalink

so cute

28. Posted November 10, 2012 at 9:16 am | Permalink

can i know the address to come buy doll there ? if who know please send sms on my wall from facebook : http://www.facebook.com/vu.t.lam.71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/vu.t.lam.71

29. Posted November 12, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

How can I buy this doll across the online , please help me if you know , this is my kik twix5 or twitter @twix6x

30. Posted May 17, 2014 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

When I will be visiting Tokyo , for sure I will find this shop. But I also have a question . What are the prices there?

• Posted May 18, 2014 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

I don’t quite recall, but they are probably on the higher side… Perhaps you might be able to find out via their website!