STEAMPUNK IN JAPAN! KENNY CREATION: GOTH PUNK 19TH CENTURY ARISTOCRAT FASHION, HARAJUKU MENS CLOTHING.

blue hair japanese boy, asian blue contact lenses, STEAMPUNK IN JAPAN! KENNY CREATION: ELEGANT GOTH ARISTOCRAT FASHION, HARAJUKU MENS CLOTHING & STREET STYLE. steampunk clothing where to buy, shopping, Victorian mens vests and goggles

Several of you have asked me… what’s the steampunk scene like in Tokyo? Can you post more photos of alternative Japanese male fashion? Your wishes are granted! Introducing my electric-haired friend Kenny Creation, who you’ll always see at Tokyo’s Goth/Industrial club nights wearing the most sublime steampunk clothing. Read on…

steampunk boys, blue hair japanese boy, STEAMPUNK IN JAPAN! KENNY CREATION: ELEGANT GOTH ARISTOCRAT FASHION, HARAJUKU MENS CLOTHING & STREET STYLE. steampunk clothing where to buy, shopping, Victorian mens vests and goggles

Kenny Creation says, “I’m so into mechanical stuff — engines, machines, blabla — because of my job (engineer). Beautiful machinery made by brass; the gears and how they work. And I’m so moved by beautiful 19th century outfit and style. The two points mixed up become steampunk!” (Above, Kenny at Tokyo Decadance with Count de Sang. Yukiro and I ran into him while shopping at Marui One Shinjuku.)

dj sisen, tokyo decadance, rococo bonnet hat, japanese tattoos, steampunk boys, blue hair japanese boy in top hat, STEAMPUNK IN JAPAN! KENNY CREATION: ELEGANT GOTH ARISTOCRAT FASHION, HARAJUKU MENS CLOTHING & STREET STYLE. steampunk clothing where to buy, shopping, Victorian mens vests and goggles

“It’s a little hard to explain… it’s a world of retrospective taste. Ardent British to steam architect. So my style is steampunk, with a theme of the chaotic and experimentation.” (Above, with G-suS and DJ SiSEN)

japanese man wearing bowler hat, tranny gay clubs in japan, corset and bow tie, steampunk boys, blue hair japanese boy in top hat, STEAMPUNK IN JAPAN! KENNY CREATION: ELEGANT GOTH ARISTOCRAT FASHION, HARAJUKU MENS CLOTHING & STREET STYLE. steampunk clothing where to buy, shopping, Victorian mens vests and goggles

“I’m glad that I am an engineer and can build up some mechanical stuff,” says Kenny. Let me add that Kenny also sings in a band and is an excellent dancer; he is very talented!

steampunk tutorial, steampunkers, blue hair japanese boy, STEAMPUNK IN JAPAN! KENNY CREATION: ELEGANT GOTH ARISTOCRAT FASHION, HARAJUKU MENS CLOTHING & STREET STYLE. steampunk clothing where to buy, shopping, Victorian mens vests and goggles

Here’s the sad news: according to Kenny Creation, the steampunk scene in Japan is non-existent. “When I went to Wave Gothik Treffen 2009, I saw a lot of people wearing steampunk! I’m just stunned. I cannot find a lot of steampunk supplies in Tokyo, so I would like to extend more steampunk culture in Japan.” (Above: with Ken, Luke Chaos and Hungry Ghost)

japanese boy with dyed red hair, hide x japan, cute japanese boys harajuku fashion, punk boys tokyo, STEAMPUNK IN JAPAN! KENNY CREATION: ELEGANT GOTH ARISTOCRAT FASHION, HARAJUKU MENS CLOTHING & STREET STYLE. steampunk clothing where to buy, shopping, Victorian mens vests and goggles

Kenny’s DIY steampunk outfits are divine, but it’s not the only look that he rocks. Here he is with candy apple red hair and punk/electro clothing.

japanese boy with bright red hair, hide x japan, cute japanese boys harajuku fashion, punk boys tokyo, STEAMPUNK IN JAPAN! KENNY CREATION: ELEGANT GOTH ARISTOCRAT FASHION, HARAJUKU MENS CLOTHING & STREET STYLE. steampunk clothing where to buy, shopping, Victorian mens vests and goggles

Tattoos, gas masks, 19th century holsters, classic silver jewelry.

DJ Sisen makeup tutorial, how to, sisen purple hair wig, japanese boy with blond hair, cute japanese boys harajuku fashion, punk boys tokyo, STEAMPUNK IN JAPAN! KENNY CREATION: ELEGANT GOTH ARISTOCRAT FASHION, HARAJUKU MENS CLOTHING & STREET STYLE. where to buy punk clothes, shops, shopping in tokyo

Above, with friends DJ SiSEN and Mistress Maya. No matter where he is or what he wears, Kenny Creation is always full of great energy! If you visit Tokyo, come to our favorite Goth EBM Cyber Industrial club nights and say hi to him on the dance floor.

Are you fond of Steampunk fashion? Which of Kenny’s outfits do you like best?

Japanese Word of the Day: Musu = To steam (food)
Song of the Day: Tool – Vicarious (piano cover – favorited on Kenny’s YouTube channel)

Twitter icon square logo social network and bookmarkYouTube video icon square logo, share videos on social network siteRSS subscribe in a reader, Feedburner blog aggregation logo and iconFacebook social networking icon square logo Get posts in inbox by email, envelope mail icon and logo for blogs Feedburner Google webmaster tool

1. Posted July 5, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

Kenny is sooo adorable and very nice^-^ I can’t wait to see him dance :-P

• Posted July 5, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

I should shoot a video next time!! #^__^#

• Posted July 5, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

Yes! I would like to see a video that would be nice ^_^

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:26 am | Permalink

That would be amazing^-^ I may be in Tokyo at the end of August for Midnight Mess or any other events going on then, maybe I can see his dancing in person :-P When are you in Tokyo next?

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:28 am | Permalink

I have some TV stuff in the works, so hopefully soon! You’ll be the first to know once it’s sorted out! :D

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

That would be awesome^-^ Thanks ^-^

2. Posted July 5, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

SWEET I love Steampunk :D

3. Posted July 5, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

super rad. i LOVE steampunk

4. Posted July 6, 2010 at 12:51 am | Permalink

apart from all of that, he does his own Tattoos :PKeanny is a cool guy <3

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 12:53 am | Permalink

Wah really!?!? I didn’t know that. He should tattoo me… or maybe not! aah

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

haha! have you seen his tattoos :P he has sooo many ^^

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Of course! But I didn’t know he did them himself – wahh!

5. Posted July 5, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

Kenny is sooo adorable and very nice^-^ I can't wait to see him dance :-P

6. Posted July 5, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

I should shoot a video next time!! #^__^#

7. Posted July 5, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

SWEET I love Steampunk :D

8. Posted July 5, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

super rad. i LOVE steampunk

9. Posted July 5, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

Yes! I would like to see a video that would be nice ^_^

10. Posted July 6, 2010 at 4:25 am | Permalink

So many gorgeous guys over there..sigh… I certainly know who he is, but don’t think I’ve ever spoken to him. LOVE his constantly changing hair, of course, and lenses! Yes, it’s interesting how you have Dolly Kei gaining prominence with its love of bygone eras and hime which loves Baroque, yet Steampunk not really taking hold. Mind you, when japan has such fantatsic goth & alternative looks all of its own, I guess it doesn’t need to appropriate more western alt trends?

It’s a pity though that they don’t know the music of Dr Steele, say.

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Funny, isn’t it? You never know what catches on…
      Kenny’s awesome! XD

11. Posted July 6, 2010 at 12:51 am | Permalink

apart from all of that, he does his own Tattoos :P
    Keanny is a cool guy <3

12. Posted July 6, 2010 at 12:53 am | Permalink

Wah really!?!? I didn't know that. He should tattoo me… or maybe not! aah

13. Posted July 6, 2010 at 4:25 am | Permalink

So many gorgeous guys over there..sigh… I certainly know who he is, but don't think I've ever spoken to him. LOVE his constantly changing hair, of course, and lenses! Yes, it's interesting how you have Dolly Kei gaining prominence with its love of bygone eras and hime which loves Baroque, yet Steampunk not really taking hold. Mind you, when japan has such fantatsic goth & alternative looks all of its own, I guess it doesn't need to appropriate more western alt trends?

It's a pity though that they don't know the music of Dr Steele, say.

14. Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:26 am | Permalink

15. Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Funny, isn't it? You never know what catches on…
    Kenny's awesome! XD

16. Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:28 am | Permalink

I have some TV stuff in the works, so hopefully soon! You'll be the first to know once it's sorted out! :D

17. Posted July 6, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

thanks to your great blog!!:> i hope i can see japanese style steampunk sooner!!!<3

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Yayy! I’m going to a Steampunk event soon… I wish you could come! <3

18. Posted July 6, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Very Sexy, very fashion!

19. Posted July 6, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

That would be awesome^-^ Thanks ^-^

20. Posted July 6, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

haha! have you seen his tattoos :P he has sooo many ^^

21. Posted July 6, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

im surprised steampunk isnt more popular in Japan, what with many anime films having that theme and the Lolita style being heavily influenced by victorian style.
    Kenny definitely has a great look!

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Funny, isn’t it? The movie Steamboy was pretty popular…

22. Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Je suis contente de voir enfin un steampunk au Japon, merci pour l’article ! C:

• Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

J’adore steampunk! <3

23. Posted July 6, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

24. Posted July 6, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Very Sexy, very fashion!

25. Posted July 6, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

Kenny definitely has a great look!

26. Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Je suis contente de voir enfin un steampunk au Japon, merci pour l'article ! C:

27. Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Of course! But I didn't know he did them himself – wahh!

28. Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Yayy! I'm going to a Steampunk event soon… I wish you could come! <3

29. Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

J'adore steampunk! <3

30. Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Funny, isn't it? The movie Steamboy was pretty popular…

31. Posted July 7, 2010 at 1:43 am | Permalink

I’m liking the first picture and when he had red hair and black clothes.
    And ooooh gas masks! *fascination* (Google Kaizers Orchestra for example)

• Posted July 7, 2010 at 7:14 am | Permalink

Oooh I hadn’t heard of Kaizers Orchestra – that needs to be a song of the day!

32. Posted July 7, 2010 at 2:17 am | Permalink

Steampunk culture virtually non-existant in Japan?! Nya Nya Nya What!? WHY WHY WHY!
    Anyway… I do adore steampunk fashion. I also like that he also dresses in other styles, because it is much more interesting when someone is versatile and doesn’t stick to one style (I could never imagine myself doing such a thing). His hair in all the photos is rad. My favourite outfit from these photos would be the first photo, middle (with the hat and such). Also, the one where he is holding gas masks… Because gasmasks are awesome by default.

• Posted July 7, 2010 at 2:19 am | Permalink

By being versatile and not sticking to one style I mean that someone doesn’t go around ONLY wearing that. Not saying that it isn’t important to them or that they don’t wear it a lot.

• Posted July 7, 2010 at 7:14 am | Permalink

Most of my friends love mixing up their styles — I think fashion should be fluid and about experimenting, and they do it well!

• Posted July 7, 2010 at 9:55 am | Permalink

I agree! I mix up my fashions all the time. Sometimes I goth it up, sometimes punk, lolita or I mix it all together. I wear stuff from all kinds of designers, my favs are h.Naoto, Black peace Now/Peace now, and Takuya Angel. My poor bank account…>.< Anyways, I think that you should always dress how you feel and in Japan it is the best because no one judges you on how you look or what you wear, everyone is always friendly and welcoming^-^

33. Posted July 7, 2010 at 1:43 am | Permalink

I'm liking the first picture and when he had red hair and black clothes.
    And ooooh gas masks! *fascination* (Google Kaizers Orchestra for example)

34. Posted July 7, 2010 at 7:09 am | Permalink

Awesome pics! I <3 steampunk

35. Posted July 7, 2010 at 2:17 am | Permalink

Anyway… I do adore steampunk fashion. I also like that he also dresses in other styles, because it is much more interesting when someone is versatile and doesn't stick to one style (I could never imagine myself doing such a thing). His hair in all the photos is rad. My favourite outfit from these photos would be the first photo, middle (with the hat and such). Also, the one where he is holding gas masks… Because gasmasks are awesome by default.

36. Posted July 7, 2010 at 2:19 am | Permalink

By being versatile and not sticking to one style I mean that someone doesn't go around ONLY wearing that. Not saying that it isn't important to them or that they don't wear it a lot.

37. Posted July 7, 2010 at 7:09 am | Permalink

Awesome pics! I <3 steampunk

38. Posted July 7, 2010 at 7:13 am | Permalink

Steampunk!! <3

39. Posted July 7, 2010 at 7:14 am | Permalink

Oooh I hadn't heard of Kaizers Orchestra – that needs to be a song of the day!

40. Posted July 7, 2010 at 7:14 am | Permalink

41. Posted July 7, 2010 at 9:55 am | Permalink

42. Posted July 7, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

Ahh, I love steampunk!
    I’m surprised it’s not more popular in Tokyo.
    It is, of course, non-existant in my small town in Australia ^^;

43. Posted July 7, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

I can’t see how that could be possible, considering Katsuhiro Ôtomo’s anime “Steamboy” (2004).

imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348121/

Why would they create such an expensive film with no audience?

44. Posted July 7, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

Ahh, I love steampunk!
    I'm surprised it's not more popular in Tokyo.
    It is, of course, non-existant in my small town in Australia ^^;

45. Posted July 7, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

I can't see how that could be possible, considering Katsuhiro Ôtomo's anime “Steamboy” (2004).

imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348121/

Why would they create such an expensive film with no audience?

46. Posted October 22, 2010 at 7:39 am | Permalink

I think I’m in love XD this guy is awesome. haha I wish there was a community like that here!! Next year I move to Tokyo, I really hope I can become a part of this!

• Posted October 23, 2010 at 2:45 am | Permalink

haha awesome! Hope you find my Tokyo shopping and club guides helpful. xo